Register now to get rid of these ads!

My $162.50 40 Merc coupe....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mazdaslam, Sep 9, 2007.

1. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I won this 40 Mercury coupe on E-bay last week for $162.50:D.It has a good frame and some real nice rear fenders that I will use for my 39 Merc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That's fuckin halarious!!!! Is the body repairable,or too far gone? I have a pic of one a guy by SlddnMatt is working on. I'll see if I can find it.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Good score. There's always good deals to be had on eBay if you know how to search.

If the roof is shot, be sure to save the rear window sheetmetal. Those split windows look nice in a lot of chopped 40's era cars.

4. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

NICE Bob!! Thats awesome!! The body on this one was really rusty but we cut it up and saved all of the parts.....just incase I need them later.:D
    [​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

Thought you might enjoy these,Mazdaslam. Since it's bare metal,you can see some of the work.

6. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Yeah...I still cant believe that I got it for that price. I saved all of the sheetmetal.Maybe I can throw together a topless Merc from the leftovers:p .

7. plmczy

plmczy

Man check out the length of those shackle hangers in the back. Good score mazdaslam. later shawn

8. Don't you understand that Ebay is just a rip off for nerds and is not acceptable here. Why some here call it Egay for added impact and effect. Don't do that again.:) :)
    I would of course have outbid you if I had known about it.

9. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

E-bay is a great tool for finding cars and parts that you would otherwise never know about. Some of my friends cant believe that I actually PAID for this car and then PAID to have it hauled 250 miles to me. Some people just dont get it:D .

10. If you can salvage the spindles and wishbone they are worth more than the purchase price. The brake backing plates may be to far gone to save. But the hubs should be OK and possibly the drums as well. There can be a lot of good stuff in an old rusted up chassis. Check it all out.

11. chopo

chopo

you got a rare photo caption there..... Is that a smoking bees nest attached to the power wires above the car or is it something from outer space:D

12. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Gypsy moth nest from outer space.....:eek:

13. Bad Bob, I am very unfamiliar with these cars, what is the front suspension under the one in the pics you posted? Did they swap in an IFS, and if so, from what?

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

looks like the orig straight axle to me.....

15. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

good score,,,i think the rear fenders for those are pretty tough to find...

16. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

I'm jealous.... thats next on the list of projects that will take me til the end of my life to actually finish.