Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mustang Master Bleeding Problems any Ideas?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixcarb, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Hey guys first time using a mustang master cylinder and can't seem to get any good feel on the pedal, the master has the big and little resivors and i put the fronts to the bigger side, drum brakes all around. I vacum bled first and then pumped and cracked the bleeders, when I do that on the fronts the pedal will drop down to the floor board, when I pump them up and crack a rear bleeder the pedal doesn't move so something must be up. I was trying to make a deadline for the Jalopy Drags this weekend and this is taking more time then I thought just for the brakes, any idea's, I'm about ready to put a 39 master back on.

2. How is it plumbed, just one side to the front wheels and one side to the back wheels?

3. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Yes front side "larger" to the fronts and rear "smaller"

4. I always thought with an all drum dual chamber both lines go to a junction block that feeds to both the front and the back. But I'm also thinking an all drum master the lines are supposed to be the same size, no chance you have one for a front disc car is there?

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

68 Mustang drum front brakes

[​IMG]

68 Mustang disc brakes.

You have a disc brake M/cyl. Get one for 4W drums with the same size reservoir front and rear.

6. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

I was wondering if the different size's would be an issue, Napa will have the 68 mustang for me at 3:00 today, thanks for the replies.

7. the ports on the disc/drum master cylinder are a bit different than the drum/drum...you will need adapters to go to 3/16 line...edelmann # 258350 and # 258302 should work for you. you are probably already using the 258350 on one of your existing ports , so you could reuse it

Napa has Weatherhead fittings and should be able to cross reference