Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest MUST READ CAR SHOW ETIQUETTE GREAT TIPS :)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flattandscruggs1, Jul 15, 2017.

1. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

8 pages and over a month of bitching about car shows.... why do you guys even go?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

if my posts of event photos got this much attention I would still be posting them.

Bandit Billy, HEMI32 and els like this.
  3. take shittier pictures so we have something to complain about.:D;)

Cosmo49, Clay Belt, tommyd and 2 others like this.
  4. drtrcrV-8

drtrcrV-8

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch.... sounds like a list of my old girlfriends!! LOL!

Clay Belt, walter and els like this.
  5. els

els

The car shows are great. Its the ASSHOLES that show up and make it a circus I go to shows for. Its the people I like so watch. LOL.

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I went to the Goodguys in Pleasanton today. looked like all the assholes stayed home.:)

els, HEMI32 and jazz1 like this.
  7. it's real simple. If a kid and or parent show up and the kid is just looking and the parent is don't touch....I would let the kid climb all over it. If the parent is not paying attention and the kid is using the fender for a slide and pulling on everything he can grab.... I'm a crotchety old asshole.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  8. els

els

COOL.

9. Bandit Billy

Bandit Billy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It wasn't at a cruise-in but at the Portland Swap meet this last April, I was selling my 62 Nova when a lady walked up and asked if one of her boys could sit in the car for a photo op. He was a late teen and was beaming for his picture. Another boy with them was leaning up against the front fender for his pic. While this impromptu photo shoot was taking place a guy walked up to me and said, loud enough to be heard by everyone preset, "why are you letting these kids touch the car, they'll scratch it". I suggested he buy the car himself and make his own rules.
    Bills Iphone 2017 1181.JPG
    After the kids were finished and had walked half way down the aisle, one of the buys returned to thank me sincerely albeit sheepishly (never making eye contact) for letting them take pictures with the Nova. The boys were handicapped, I'd bet on fairly severe Autism. They will likely never drive no less own their own car. I still think about the boys and glad I could provide a moments fun with no hair off my back other than dealing with nosy bystanders and a few finger prints.

Here are a few of rules to add to your list;
    1. Be careful about having too many rules about your "stuff" or even worse, other people's stuff!.
    2. And remember, car shows aren't just about you and yours.
    3. If you have to bring a velvet rope to the cruise-in and put a sign on the dash threatening bodily harm to anyone who touches your pride and joy, you and your car may need couple's counseling.

10. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Pretty much says it all! Great reminder of why a lot of us do what we do!

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

els and 6-bangertim like this.
  11. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER