Register now to get rid of these ads!

Must kill thieves!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JK, Jul 8, 2010.

1. I ordered a 700r4 lockup kit from bow tie overdrives last Friday. I called today to figure out where it was at. The guy on the phone said it was delivered yesterday and was on the porch. I looked and it wasn't there. I talked to the neighbor and he said he was expecting a package also. We've been having copious amounts of roofers and sale men through here the last few weeks thanks to the tennis ball sized hail we got last month, so, somebody has a nice bundle of wires and a brake light switch to stare at. On a plus, bow tie overdrives is sending out a replacement (to a different address), no questions asked. That's what I call good service. My merc might make salina after all.

2. OLSKOOLCHEVY

OLSKOOLCHEVY
    from Idaho

planning on getting stuff from them, thats good to know they have great service....n those others will get whats comin to em eventually.

3. have stuff mailed to your work if your don't trust your neighborhood.

4. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

I'm glad to hear that the "Bow Tie Overdrive" guys are making it right. But who
    was the shipper for the tranny??? No trucking company or parcel delivery service
    will drop of something without first getting a signature on the weigh-bill. Until
    there's a signature, showing that the shipment was delivered to and received
    by the legitimate assignee, the shipping company is deemed to be still be in
    possession of the shipment and still responsible for iit. It's sounds like *both*
    you and "Bow Tie Overdrive", have a legitimate legal claim against the shipper.

Mart3406
    ============================================

5. pdq67

pdq67

I used to UPS stuff to work years ago all the time, but the Mail/Dock guy was my Buddy and he took care of me for some different types of beer in cans back then for his beer can collection.

pdq67

6. pdq67

pdq67

I used to UPS stuff to work years ago all the time, but the Mail/Recieving Dock guy was my Buddy and he took care of me for some different types of beer in cans back then for his beer can collection.

pdq67

7. used them for the lock up kit last week . showed up in 3 days

8. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

thieves need a necktie party , i lost a gallon of gas a triumph rim and a taillite to em so far

9. i agree guys, it sure sucks when your forced to insure your purchases on things that can't be replaced for any amount.

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I live in Flint, MI. Google us for crime stats. Needless to say, I have everything shipped to my workplace. It's in a rougher neighborhood than I live in but at least I know it will get delivered to a person.

11. It was just a lockup switch. Nothing major and in a small box, probably.

That's the problem, i live in a nice 'hood. All my neighbors look out for each other. I'm having it shipped to dads house this time and to work from now on (since I seem to spend more time there than home).

My neighbor lost a $90 KTM tank he'd been searching for for a few months.

12. The Shocker

The Shocker

I recieved a real nice wrist watch a few years ago from my job (it was a ten year gift).Was dropped of on my porch and someone helped themselves to it before i got home from work that afternoon.One of my decent neighbors told me he saw a delivery truck drop something off that day in a small box.My other neighbor (whos a POS) ,told me he didnt see anything .Very odd because he doesnt work and is always peering out the windows when anyone stop at my house .I did notice his POS son was wearing a real nice watch a week later.I informed the company that i never got it and they sent me another.Hard to trust people nowdays .He is the same and only neighbor that calls the cops on me whenever i start my racecar.Another neighbor told me that he stole a 5 gallon gas can full of gas out of his shed and caught him stealing water from his spicket to water his trees (if you can believe that :confused:)...

13. cheveey57

cheveey57

I say set up the pricks.
    Put a large box on the porch & wait..............

14. lewislynn

lewislynn

Several years ago I had a pair of boots I ordered stolen off my porch. I filed a claim with UPS and now they won't leave anything without a signature...Which is OK with me.

15. The Shocker

The Shocker

Great idea .Better yet put a rattle snake in the box with the rattle cut off :eek:...

16. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Cant even trust the post office anymore ,Post office lost something I shipped for my dad .It was a return to speedway motors and outside labeling was off of box ,Invoice with all numbers and adresses were inside .They should of found it .Someone stole it .Thats my guess ,Label was cut off of box.Now anything I ship has insurance.........

17. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

some of the mail workers are just as crooked. my mom ordered a gps for my dad for x-mas last year. when it never showed up she called the company and they told her confirmed delivery. they live in a town house so if no one is home they take it to the main office and they sign for it, but it in a lock box and leave a note in the mail box stating they have it. the office never got it. she asked the mail guy the next day about it and his reply was " i cant remember what i did with it. must have left it on your steps." so either he broke protocall and it was his fault or he stole it. usps never replaced it and she had to pay for and has nothing to show. pure bull shit

18. ELDANGEROSO

ELDANGEROSO

Lucky for me I'm in pretty good with my U.P.S driver. Anything that is delivered to my house he always go's to the side gate leading into my backyard and puts the packages back there. He knows I work nights and dosn't want to ring the doorbell, he's buddies with my dogs so they won't attack him. But god help anybody that tries to go back there to steel my packages... On a side note, you know you order alot of parts when your garage door is open while your wrenching and the U.P.S driver walks into your gargage and knows were to put the packages with out saying a thing.

19. Truckedup

Truckedup

UPS and Fedex have this little box on the shipping form,put a check mark in the box,no signature needed for delivery.
    Considering UPS,Fedex and the Post office deliver millions of items daily,losing a few is still an outstanding accomplishment.Of course if they loose your stuff,it's different :rolleyes:

20. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

if you cant have stuff shipped to a safe location like work..(some people work in the field so to speak)
    have a video camera set up watching your front door..they are cheap and can send video to your computers hard drive..
    chances are even if the camera is a non working one , if they see it , they might not take the chance.
    not fool proof, but its worth a try

21. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

All of our harnesses go UPS, but small stuff like our 700R4 Lockups go USPS priority mail. Just seems to work better for us and our customers.

22. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Most UPS deliveries around here are just dropped, they don't even ring door bell or try to see if anyone is home. I'm retired so generally home but I have had to go to neighbors and pick up package left by garage door by UPS as it started raining. I have even at Xmas seen them dump packages into a snow bank when the driveway wasn't plowed. So ordering through mail is a crap shoot. And speaking of mail, people in New England are now being warned not to put outgoing mail in thier mail box with a flag up. People are stealing the outgoing mail, if they find checks they are "washing" the payee line and inserting their own name and cashing them. So many people in our town now use post office boxes rather than home delivery the Census Bureau did not send out any forms to our town, did it by canvassing. You can't trust anything other than face to face sale, cash and goods in hand.

23. markjenks

markjenks

I'm so there. Put a package out there, or order something cheap and take the day off and wait. Someone will come and try and get it and someone else might be waiting for them.

24. Lucky3

Lucky3

Right on !!!
    Takin care of business !!

25. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Damn that sucks Jason but it is good to hear your being taken care of.

26. moter

moter

My neighborhood is fairly new..as in stil being built so there are alot of ppl thru here that do not live here. I just have everything I needed delivered to my work...

When i used to fly r/c planes I had a freind that ordered a high dollar brushless motor for a plane. He tracked it via UPS to being delivered to a house 1 street over from him. He talked to the UPS guy and he showed him where he delivered it and had the signature also. Went over and knocked on the door and no answer. Called the cops...now they answer the door. For 20 minutes the ppl denied getting the package, until the cop said he was going to arrest the guy..all of a sudden he produces the package.

27. George

George

Same here, just dump it @ the door & go, don't even bother to ring the bell. Might be thier fault or might be the Company, supposedly they're given a very thight delivery schedule.

28. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

I wouldn't say that Bow Tie Overdrives is "making it right", since what happened isn't their fault. They're going above and beyond what's expected of them.

Very rare in this day and age.

29. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

JK, better get that thing to salina , and be early. seems tho we might have to chop it there this year as the other car fell thru............................................

30. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have trouble with UPS or Fedex because my house is 400 ft off the highway and they usually bring it inside the gate and often set stuff inside the screen door if someone isn't home. The postal system is another story as some don't seem to make it to my mail box and I had to go raise hell about one that they said the delivered. It made it two days later and most likely had been delivered to the wrong address. I've hand delivered several pieces of mail to my neighbors that ended up in my mailbox and one of those was six miles away.
    I have thought about building a locking receiving box for Ups and Fedex to put the packages in though. Something that was big enough to handle what they would normally deliver with a hasp and padlock that they could stick stuff in and lock when they delivered it. It would just be there with the unlocked padlock when it was empty.