Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Music Video of the Week: A Swiss Drive in a '32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, May 25, 2023.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber submitted a new blog post:

Music Video of the Week: A Swiss Drive in a '32

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

2. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Excellent video of a very cool car. I know sometimes living in the USA can be challenging but we need to be thankful we don't have to endure what our friends in many foreign countries endure to pursue the hobby we love.

deadbeat likes this.
  3. fonti

fonti

T&M Schilter stands for the twins Thomas and Markus Schilter. I am fortunate to know those guys and that they build, service and maintain my hotrods.
    It is very rare to have the opportunity to work with such talented, honest and competent people. the "#169" roadster was built in the garage of Billy O from CT and has been tweaked over the years by T&M Schilter. If anyone wants to come to Switzerland, he or she is always invited to explore our back roads! Thank you HAMB for this great platform!

vtx1800 and deadbeat like this.
  4. Frank Flück

Frank Flück

I will come by, sooner than you think! ️

5. elgringo71

elgringo71

What a fantastic video, looks like they do great work too.

6. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Man, that is some beautiful countryside. Sweet roadster too.

7. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

My wife and I were in Montreux when we were in our 20s. It was a long vacation touring Europe. It was something we had talked about in our college dating days and into our early years of marriage. We had two goals. One was to be happy together, forever. 20 something ideology…Ha! Two, go on road trips and tour Europe.

One of my teenage adventures was to try and get a sponsorship to tour all of the surf spots and advertise for the local surf dealers and shops. A stop over was to get to the east coast and then hit all of the unknown surf spots in Europe. Of course, I had it planned out and when it came time to get sponsorship, all I got was a chuckle or two. But, when I told my mom that I was planning to tour European coastlines for surf, she had the biggest chuckle of all.

Back then, I was going to take a year off of the planned college 4 years. That drew the 2nd big chuckle. Then, when I was asked where I was going to fund the whole trip, I mentioned that she and my dad would sponsor me. That drew the almost, “howling noise” from my mom I had ever seen. It was one of those choking, spitting, awful noises that comes out of people when they are flabbergasted to no end. She could not stop laughing for several minutes. So much for a European surf tour.
    upload_2023-11-30_2-50-51.png
    Lake Geneva just outside of Montreux (35mm f1.8 85MM lens Pentax Camera, Ektachrome color slide film.)

The whole country was a beautiful, peaceful place. The people were friendly and gave us directions with a smile and not mad at us for being traveling folks in their location. There were two places we would live if we had to live in Europe. One was Switzerland and the other Portugal. One would be cold all year around and down clothing in the winter. But, the old style architecture and quaint buildings made it comfortable for a couple of 20 something travelers.
    upload_2023-11-30_2-52-41.png
    The straight through view to the lake from our stained/leaded glass doors… 35mm f1.4 50mm lens Pentax Camera, Ektachrome color slide film.

The other would have been a Mediterranean climate and shorts/T-shirts coastal conditions with some great wave locations. It was a possibility for us as we were wanderers with no thoughts of a “planned” future, and it would have allowed us to be together while discovering a path for us.

We were the first in our age group to go away one summer to tour the whole continent. We had a great time. We were on our own and seeing great places. We had saved for four years of penny pinching and drastic savings as 20 somethings could do to have a stockpile. It was not a large stock pile, but we did not have to scrimp on traveling.

Jnaki

At the end of that tour, we were back penny pinching again to just survive monthly expenses.
    The shop in the movie was near another large city and another lake. We had just traveled from Germany down to Lake Geneva, so we were close to Lucerne and that particular area. Actually, it was all green and cool in temperatures that called for jackets during the daytime. YRMV

Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
    coupe man likes this.