Register now to get rid of these ads!

MUSCLE CAR GUY. quick OT question....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, May 14, 2008.

1. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

just want to know a good website for information. particularly paint and option code information for a 68 Firebird.

thank you.

2. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

This site will give you the info. I would think the olive green metallic might just be the most desired color on these. I think it was Verdero Green.

Click on the color library link...type in the year and make...presto!

3. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

mine was Autumn Bronze. it was, apparently, not a standard Firebird color but a custom factory applied color borrowed from another car line (likely Camaro or Corvette). i'm not too fond of it either way but it's probably better than the green that was on it when i bought it today. i said "was" because after going to the car wash ALL the green paint is gone!! well, it's not "gone". it's all over the walls and floor of the car wash bay. :D

thanks for the help. if anyone else can point me in the direction of helpful websites and info on this car i appreciate it. this is the only car related website i frequent so i'm lost if it's not HAMB type stuff.

4. Borracho

Borracho

5. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

you can get in contact with PHS and send them the vin, last one I had done was 35.00. I got the original order sheets for my 72 TA, it also comes with all kinds of other info from that year, production figures, Press Releases, and photos of 72s. Its pretty cool, worth the cash. Pontiac has all the records, it will show every option, dater of order, price and dealership. Cant fake a TA like a z28

6. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Go to: Performance years and click on the message board

7. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

So does this mean you are finally going to go away?:p

Seriously, congrats on the car. Glad you were able to work it out with the guy.

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

YOU WISH! you know i'm ALWAYS doing 5 things at once...

9. I have 3 68 Birds . You can look on the trim tag in the engine compartment and there will be couple letters on it for the paint code. After you get these two letters, post them. I have pretty much every bit of info on them as I have been into these cars for 29 years , buying selling and restoring. Ugh Im getting old.
    Heres another site that has a ton of info.
    http://firstgenfirebird.org/

10. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Mike doesn't SELL anything. He just buys them, tears the apart, and then wonders where all the parts went!!

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

SO! :p

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

dang. there are nearly as many closet Muscle Car fags on this sight as there are V-Dub fags. :D thanks for the help.... now all i need to get is one of those satin jackets with "FIREBIRD" down the sleeve and a mullet wig. :cool:

13. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

14. Why a wig???

15. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Mullet's the Elcamino of Hair Cuts, Business in the Front, Party in the Back. At most of our ages, its more like a Skullet now!

Hey, Owning 2 a 70 Esprit, 70 Formula 400, and a 72 TA....let me know when you find where to get those Firebird jackets.

16. PatMonaco

PatMonaco

I had a 1968 Firebird HO that was autumn bronze too!

17. Pontiac took the hot rod phylosophy to the show room floor. Chrysler built some serious light wieght monsters in the early 60s but it was Pontiac that shoved the first light weight, multi carb,big power production car out there for Joe Blow. I think that's why hot rodders seem to accept them. Muscle cars? Yes. Cool? No doubt. And who here doeesn't look a bit longingly upon a road worthy, race ready '62 Cat with a duel carb SD under wraps???

(P.S. no jacket for me, I like Bombers.)

18. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Yup, lots of Hot Rod influence in the Pontiac Line, Tail Lights, gills, consoles and gauge layouts. Although Im not a huge fan of the 67 Bonnevilles, the bumpers and headlights and body lines are straight out of the "Customizing a ....." pages in the 60-64 Hot Rod Mags. Custom from the showroom floor. Muscle Cars are cool, but the correct to the finish on the bolts, and the guys who point them out when you open your hood, make this HAMB Scene much more fun to me.

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hey fucker....you makin' fun of me???? Muscle car fags.....hahahaha!:p

If it'll help.....I can send ya a "Members Only" jacket..... totally trad. dude.:D

And no wigs......grow that shit out man!

20. hemi

hemi

I heart muscle cars.

21. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

instant gratification.:D

...wow, this thread was supposed to be long forgotten ancient history by now. but since we're here. anyone got any 68 Firebird parts they want to unload? PM me.