Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Munn's Root Beer Cutlassfrom the movie Hot Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobwop, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey cannonball you gonna run your stude through???
    no man, ive been banned for life!

2. latest news: Robert Culp, AKA T.L Munn died He was jogging and fell and hit his head...

3. Too bad, he was a good actor.

4. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

5. Super442s

Super442s

I heard of his passing earlier. Sad to hear...... :(

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

it is actually an F85. I haven't seen a photo, but it was repainted after the movie to the orange/black theme the Taggert's ran with. It was lettered up with Taggert and Taggert on the side. That is all I know.

come on, Billy, give us a peek

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

shameless plug here - but Bobwop will be bringin BOTH of these cars to the show on May 1. So ya can see em up close and personal.
    And yes - if ya need a DVD - let me know.
    www.classiccarfilms.com
    is a site that has al these old hot rod films.

8. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

My 4 year old Son and I watch Hot Rod almost nightly. He loves that show and of course, I do too. Even with its little querks, its still neat as can be. I was young when it came out for TV and I remember it back then. Once I became a Dad, I had to search for a copy of it and many more car movies that I've watched over the years. Me and by boys watch them all the time.

I've also wondered what happened to the Munns car because until this thread, I've never known where it went. It is real cool to see the cars that had a "not so famous" role in the movie, but Bobwop believe me, that Olds is Famous to me! Just watched it last night and might pop it in again tonight! I never grow tired of old car movies.

9. Craig Owens

Craig Owens

Hot Rod movie available! Hey, I talked to Steve Castelli today, and he was selling a friend a copy of the movie "Hot Rod". I asked if he had any more available, and he does...they're VHS tapes. 20 bucks each + postage, till he runs out. Get 'em while you can.

You can contact Steve at his e mail,
    [email protected] or give him a call at 707-433-8366. Tell him Craig sentcha...

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wow, that is awesome! Where can I get one of those?

11. chopz56

chopz56

We have a group of guys that we all get together on a regular basis and our ages range from 36-76 and we always have a great time hanging out drinking,telling stories,telling lies or whatever!Two weeks ago we watched this movie and to my surprise their was a couple of the guys there that had never seen this movie,it is safe to say that yes they liked it as much as the rest of us that have seen the movies several times,just though i would share................by the way LOVE THAT WILLY'S!!!!!!!!!

12. chopz56

chopz56

By the way if anybody wants to know,i bought my copy from this guy at Hunnert Car Pile-Up about 4-5 years ago and the quality was great...just thought i would let you all know so you don't have to buy it on VHS!

13. Nitro Pontiac

Nitro Pontiac
    from Wisconsin

Bought the DVD from coolstuff at Jefferson this last weekend and loved the movie. I thought I'd seen most of all the cool car movies.

14. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

we watched it, AGAIN, on Friday night. My pals from Kansas were in town for the Swamp Meet and two of them had not seen it.

15. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

haha that rocks.

i'm painting my awb comet CANDY ROOT BEER and i just cant resist painting one of these on each rear quarter behind the tire just to see how many people get it.

thanks for the photo!

george

16. projim64

projim64

17. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

18. chrisuk

chrisuk
    from UK

Hi,

I thought you might be interested in this picture, it was taken in oakland around 1988 or 1989 , i am from England and we were in the USA on vacation, i was 12 at the time and a massive fan of the Hot Rod movie, we had it on Betamax and at the time i watched it around 3 times a week..every week, so you can imagine how excited i was when we came out of a shoe store and sitting there in front of me , my brother and my mum and dad was the 'munns rootbeer special' at this point in time in was probably the high point of my life ! (perhaps it still is?) so after having taking loads of pictures of and having my picture taken with it ( i was 12 at the time) we carried on with our vacation around california. As you can see from the picture the hole in the hood that had been cut in the film for the blower had been partialy blocked up and my brother peered through the hole and confirmed that it didnt have a motor anymore, the car was really dusty and looked to have been parked for a number of years. i have a load more pictures of the car somewhere including one of me standing next to it i will try to find them if anyone is interested ?
    By the way , i love all car based films ( two lane, vanishing point etc etc) but for me Hot Rod will always be king as its what i grew up on.

Cheers Chris.

Attached Files:

falcongeorge likes this.
  19. glassguy

glassguy

hell yeah!!!!! i for one would appreciate seeing those pis! good luck finding them/..

20. HILLBILLY'ED

HILLBILLY'ED

......................................not that many................................... I put it on mine because the willys wouldn't

Attached Files:

21. chrisuk postem up allways cool to see stuff like that

22. Some very nice art work from Ian Guy! :)

Attached Files:

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I had lost touch with this thread. Glad it came back up and glad to see photos of the Cutlass.

I had the good fortune to purchase a 69 Cutlass two door sedan (actually, a rare 442 two door sedan) with BBC, four speed, twelve bolt and nice bucket seat interior. Poor paint/body, but that didn't matter if it was going to be painted to match the Munn's car. I was really stoked to find it.

in the meantime, Bobby posted that he intended to redo the real F85 Munn's car.

I was still considering doing up my car, when along came a guy and just had to have it. So, I sold it. He called a month later just a bitching. They blew up the BBC. At least it wasn't an Olds. BBC's are cheap to build compared to an Olds.

I sure hope Bobby follows through.

24. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Very Cool on the Original Movie car photos. Can anyone verify if this was the car?

Sure looks like it! Even has the Rossi sticker on the lower front Quarter like the Movie car.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  25. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Does anyone know if this movie is available on dvd? This and The Lively Set are at the top of my wish list.

26. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Coolstuff on here has what you need. Send him a PM

27. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

i've got a 69 f-85 body in storage, very solid, has been in texas most of its life according to the title work and reciepts. looking for more pics might be interested in making a clone.
    please post em up when you find 'em thanks
    george

28. titus
    wasn't it still the satellite when he said that? just before the crash?

Bob
    I always liked the Stude truck. Help a brutha out, what color was it?

I have had the wheels and I have had the truck but never at the same time and both before the movie came out. :eek:

I actually saw the movie twice.

Once in the drive-in and once on TV and had more than a few beers (and stuff) both times. :eek:

Last edited: May 3, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.