Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Multiple S&S Super G's ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by twinturbo496, Oct 20, 2011.

1. twinturbo496

twinturbo496
    from Cypress

Anyone on here try to run one (or more) S&S carbs on a car engine?

I have a hood clearance problem that could be solved with eight Super G's.

Thanks,
    Craig

2. Larry T

Larry T

Since one G can feed 100+ cubic inches, I'd think 8 would be WAY over carbed. And at $300.00 a pop for bare carbs, not the cheapest way to go either.

But, I've thought about trying a couple of CV's for a side draft 4 banger, so I don't think it's a real crazy idea.
    Larry T

3. gotmark73

gotmark73

I am building a 140cu 4 cyl. roadster. I was planning on using 2 super G carbs. I have opted for 2 HD evo CV carbs because I think they will be easier to tune... and they were free. I have not finished the project yet so I can't tell you how well it works.

4. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

I've been wanting to do this or something similar for sooo long. I'd think 8 carbs might be a bit much though; unless you want all top-end. Might want to look into putting a different type of accel pump on them too. I had a Harley stroker once (1979 Ironhead) and it had single S&S carb for 1100cc's+ and pulled just fine beyond redline... It'd look super awesome for sure. They're pretty easy to tune as well; which is always a plus with multiple carbs.