Register now to get rid of these ads!

multiple pictures in one post

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by FEDER, Jun 16, 2003.

1. FEDER

FEDER

How do I get more than one picture in a post.I got a new Nikon 3100 coolpix cam so I set it on 640-480 whitch seems to be the lowest setting.When I tried posting they were more than 70000 bytes.So I took them on my pc and reduced them down to 570000 so now can I post only one? or is it for each pic? Im gonna try here so If it works cooool If it dont HELP--FEDER

Attached Files:

2. my understanding is.......1 pic each time you post, unless your photo's are being hosted elsewhere like starphoto.

Cheers,

Drewfus [​IMG]

3. Thats the deal.

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Next week, after I'm back from car show hopping, I'm planning on posting a Starphoto hosting/posting 101 thread on the Q&A part of the board. I have been getting numerous requests via emails, PM's and in person, on how to do it. I just haven't had alot of extra time lately. Next week for sure.

5. I'm pretty sure you can have multiple pics uploaded to the HAMB in one post, but you kinda have to trick it.

When you add an attachment, what you're actually doing is uploading a file from your computer to the HAMB server. After that pic is loaded to the server, it is just like any other pic hosted on any other server.

If you know the URL (location on the Internet of the file(s)) then you can simply post the URLs into your message.

What you have to do though is add multiple attachments.

Let me see if my theory works...

Hmmm... maybe not. If I could find out where it uploaded the other file to, I could do it. Let me keep stuffing around...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All right. So what I had to do was create the post, right-click on the pic in the post to get the URL, copy the URL, edit the post and manually add the URL into the post, then add another attachment.

I'll do another one.

Geez I'm a clever bastard! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not only cleaver but handsome as well. [​IMG]

There are two "problems" with using the HAMB as your photo server. 1st is that it cost Ryan money. Not really an issue if your just posting one or two shots every now and then. If you use another site, it's free. Nence I don't feel gulity when I post a bunch of shots from car shows.

2nd problem is the photos don't stay on Ryans server for long, he deletes them to make room for other photos. On Star or other host places, the photos will be on the HAMB till YOU delete them. This is especially important for tech-o-matic photos, unless Ryan is hosting those here "forever" [​IMG] In any event, photos really help tell a "story" and most folks enjoy looking at them.

7. Yep, you're dead right Denise. That's why I upload all my pics to my own website (and anyone else's that need hosting).

I'm not too worried about how much it costs Ryan, after all, he must be a gazillionaire by now from running the HAMB. [​IMG]

I prefer it because it means my pics will stay there forever (or until my website crashes!)

Cleaver?? Hmmm...

8. Micha

Micha

Sorry to hijack this post, but why is it that when you right-click on a posted StarPhoto-picture and select "save as..." you can only save it as a bmp-file?

9. dondanno

dondanno

sounds like a pain in the ass...Danny [​IMG]