Register now to get rid of these ads!

multi carbed 302 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparmaddnes, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Ilsa Bug

Ilsa Bug

Hay guys making a 5.0 run is no mistery. The fox body spanked the camero's ass the entire late 80's early 90's. The thing that gives a fi motor its power is runner length and plenum volume. A 302 has a realy short stroke (hell the block is shorter than a 351) so it realy likes to turn. With an od tranny and 3.73s or 3.42s in a car who's weight is comprable to mustang 3000#+/- depending on options you wont have any problems moving down the road.

87 with automatic should be an AOD take care to make shure your tv presure is set corectly 5 psi at idle. Otherwise you will burn the tranny up. TV is the cable on the throttle stands for throttle valve. This cable must be hooked up and operate in a stock fashon.

I personaly have a 99 explorer motor that is going in my project and I'm building a 3 deuce intake from a truck lower and upper. I'm doing reaserch on plenum design right now my main concern is freezing the holly 94s due to no heat on the manifold. I may incorperate a coolent line to help prevent iceing. I know this is a huge problem on type 1 vws with a bug spray carb which is a later version of the 94. I will be running an AOD due to the lack of foot well room. If you get that 302 to 400 hp i'm thinking some of the parts from the 4R70W can be swapped in to the aod to make it more bullet proof. The AODE and4R70W are computer controled and require a module.

Going fast costs money. How fast do you want to spend it.

2. "You could avoid the drama by suggesting that in the first place."
    Drama? What Drama?? I am sure there is no one who would jump in this guys stuff here:rolleyes:

3. Markmonty

Markmonty
    from Gerorgia

Speedway now sells a intake for 3 strombergs on a ford 302

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!