Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mullins Trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MERCURYGUY, Mar 19, 2016.

1. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

I need some help from you guys. A good friend of mine can up from Texas and Purchased my Original Mullins trailer. On his way home he stopped over night in Anderson SC. When he and his girl friend went to leave that found that their truck, enclosed trailer and my Mullins which was in the trailer were stolen. The horror story continues as Their truck only was found (No Trailer) in the woods and was considered a total loss. they had to get a car rental to even get home from to Texas. If ANYONE notices a Mullins for Sale or is aware of anything relative to this please contact me ASAP or the Anderson SC PD. This is something that none of us would ever want to face. My Mullins is all steel with the original 36 Chevy Artillery and was painted in gray primer. There was also a spare Artillery when in side and a ball wrapped up which is an odd size for the mullins. the lower back of the trailer had a decal showing that it was a mullins trainer. Many thanks for any assistance on this. Tom 203-405-1893 or [email protected] I have attached a photo of my mullins. I will also post additional information of my friend's trailer as soon as I get it.

Attached Files:

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

3. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Damn ! This kinda stuff never seems to end - Aaarrrggghhh !! I hope they find the trailer , and the idiots involved.

Here's a thread bump to help that happen.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks like another enclosed trailer theft and this time they got the Mullins as either a bonus or see it as something they have to dump because they have no use for a tiny trailer. Hopefully it gets found abandoned and undamaged soon. I'd still check every craigslist for 200 miles in every direction of where it was stolen for "Trailer" and muddle though what shows to see if it happens to show up
    I see that you already posted photos of the trailer.

5. I live in Anderson,South Carolina and will keep my eyes open.

Where were your friends staying when the truck and trailer were stolen. HRP

6. Enclosed trailers have been the targets of a lot of thefts around this area,Rick with showtime transportation lost his trailer and a 57 chevy wagon about this time last year. HRP

7. This just seems to be a never ending saga. I hope the trailer and Mullins are found intact. Thieves, I can't even describe how much I hate thieves. I don't even have a loss here but, I feel for those you do. It sucks.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  8. Let me guess, was the truck a Silverado?

shawnsauto1 likes this.
  9. I am unaware of anyone locally that owns a original mullins,but with the big swap meet coming up in Charlotte I encourage all the hamers to keep a eye open there.HRP

10. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

At the risk of sounding pessimistic, do these stolen trailers EVER get found???
    Cars seem to turn up once in a blue moon, despite the efforts of police.

Trailers...Wells Cargo, esp.! For their size, they should become 'visible', when discarded or 'displaced' for lack of Real Estate to conceal them.
    Do we need another subject line for 'found'?

I recall a HAMB member coming back from an overnight Bed & Breakfast with his wife, only to find their black '57 'Bird gone. Ever recovered? Is he still a HAMB member?

The lowlife types that bagged this one with the Mullins inside likely wouldn't know a Mullins from a Strombecker.
    Mr. Poster: PLEASE inform us when and if the trailer (or goods therein) appear?
    Reason for the concern is my hatred of thieves, purely anxiety driven.
    And an itchy trigger finger...

11. We like itchy trigger fingers in Texas Mike .... but you have to see those b@stards to shoot 'em. They aren't that brave ... nor do they work normal hours. They're on the crackhead shifts. You almost have to sleep in your trailer to shoot 'em these days. Life is tough.

12. Sporty45

Sporty45

I friggin hate thieves!!! :mad:
    Hope they find the trailer and the POS that stole it.

13. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

THE SUPER 8 in Anderson

14. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

TO ALL FELLOW HAMMERS . MY FRIEND IS SO UPSET THAT HE ASKED ME TO LET EVERYONE KNOW JUST TO CATCH THE BASTARTS THAT HE WILL OFFER A $1,000 REWARD TO THE PERSON WHO HELPS TO GET THE MULLINS BACK. I am waiting for more info on details of his trailer and make of truck and will post as it when it is received

Sporty45 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  15. Sporty45

Sporty45

My reward would be hearing the bastards got caught and locked up!

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I'm east of HRP in Spartanburg and will keep an eye out also. I recommend you scan the Craigslist for this area also.

17. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Mullins may end up cut up or ditched. The cargo trailer will be sold for peanuts somewhere in the distant future. Around here if that happened I'd have to go to the sheriffs station to fill out a report and that is all the further it would go, no action!

18. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Yes ! 2013 Silver 3/4 Ton Chevy 2500 HD with crew cab LT and short box. Tom

19. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Here you go guys. Some more information of the enclosed trailer that the mullins was in. I was a Rance Aluminum Vin# 5NHURR4208A000641 Texas Plate 845 628H, 14' aluminum trailer painted white V nose set up for 2 motorcycles, 2 chocks in the floor. Tie downs both sides and middle, side door no window. Tom

20. That Super 8 is well lit,hopefully someone will find both trailers.

do you have a location of where the truck was found?,wondering what direction the thieves took when they left. HRP

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  21. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Will do many thanks for any help you can give. Tom

22. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Some place down a long dirt road according to the PD. They were obviously trying to ditch it and take the rest of the stuff. Tom

23. ididntdoit1960

ididntdoit1960
    from Western MA

24. .............Good eye my friend. Someone needs to check this out. Get the police back involved. Not saying it's the one but, it could be . Who knows, someone in California may have actually been scammed into buying a stolen Mullins and doesn't even know it yet. Did those original Mullins have a vin # or manufacturers # of any kind?

25. Just spoke with Tom (theOP) on the phone and he is going to check this out. Good luck guys.............Don.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  26. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Right with you Texicans, Kid!
    I did read about a guy that slept in his Wells Cargo trailer at a 3 day 'show' somewhere in the Midwest. The trailer got 'boosted' while the guy was asleep, he awoke while it was moving!
    Some time later, it stopped, some 'Billy types' opened the door and the 'sleeper' was down on 'em with a .357 Mag.
    The boys were neighborly, handed over a cellphone so's he could call the State troopers.

27. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

28. MERCURYGUY

MERCURYGUY

Many Thanks ! Tom

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Let us in on the update if it leads anywhere.