Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mullin Automotive Museum Photos

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sylvian, Mar 29, 2010.

1. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Somewhat non-H.A.M.B. related but good cars are good cars and if nothing else, people may get some good ideas.

The Mullin Automotive Museum is about to open and a private preview was held today by the Mullin's.

Peter and Merle Mullin have collected some amazing French cars over the years and they now have many of them consolidated in their new Museum located in the old Otis Chandler Vintage Museum building in Oxnard, California. They have done a beautiful job of renovating the building and it is well worth a trip out there if you get the chance.

Here are a few photos and I've posted many more on my web site here:

The Mullin Automotive Museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  2. Absolutely stunning collection, thank you for the pics!

3. great pics. cars are just awsome.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks for posting the photos, great collection. Nice to know there is a Cooper front drive out there. [​IMG]

5. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

6. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

WOW thanks for sharing some of the most beautiful cars ever

7. autobilly

autobilly

8. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

9. Weasel

Weasel

Is the museum open to the public?

10. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

Not yet but they are pretty close to opening. Their web site will eventually give the information on hours etc.:

http://www.mullinautomotivemuseum.com/

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thank you Sylvian, great photos. I've added this collection to my "Bucket List" if I ever get out West again.

12. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Looks like it's due to open in April,

I've certainly added it to my list for our September trip :)

13. Thank you, thank you, thank you !!

I came on here today to throw up a thread asking someone if they had any pix of the Mullin Museum, but JIC, I did a search and I found your thread and it is much appreciated. Great pix of amazingly beautiful rolling sculpture.

All the best-Mark

14. 40Chevy

40Chevy
    from california

The shop I part-time has worked on many of these cars, seeing them up close and personal, They are works of art. The '39 Type 165 Delahaye is probably my favorite that he owns.

Sylvian, did you get one of the Bugatti posters?

15. The37Kid

The37Kid

40 Chevy, You are a lucky guy, I got to do the same 1970-84 in a shop here in town. What is the deal with the cars from the Schumph collection? Are they part of the Mullin Collection or on loan?

16. sylvian

sylvian
    Member Emeritus
    from Burbank

I got one of the tubes but didn't know what it was since I haven't opened it yet.

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Just read that Mullin Collection is the new caretaker of the late Dr. Peter Williamson Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe. I can't think of a better home for this car. Back in 1971 it set a Worlds Record for the most expensive car sold at auction, $65,000 with commissions. I worked at the shop that maintained it untill 1984, we thought nothing about hauling it around on an open car trailer, those were great times.

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The times certainly have changed. I saw an Atlantic at Barrett Jackson in the late 80's (could have been the same car) and it was parked in the spectator area, doors open and no ropes or any barrier to keep the ignorant masses from leaning on it. Now, you can't even get close to the "feature cars" there without buyer ID and many of the "features" that are roped off would have been in the parking lot back in the 80's.

19. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Amazing. Thanks for sharing. Slim

20. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

As far as I know, the museum will be open on May 22 & June 12 by reservation-call 1-805-385-5400

The Williamson Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic Coupe, which changed hands for between 30-40 million dollars last month, wasn't purchased by Peter Mullins. This vehicle will be housed at the Mullin Automotive Museum, but probably won't be on display on the 22nd.

" Meanwhyle, back aboard The Tainted Pork "