Register now to get rid of these ads!

Muffler Shop Recommendation, Oakland CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by warbozz, Jul 11, 2006.

1. warbozz

warbozz

My family is here in Oakland visiting my brother-in law, and we picked up a '64 Falcon wagon I bought off of fellow HAMBer Barn-core yesterday. It has straight pipe exhaust and my wife is not fond of the sound. Before we try to take off across country driving it needs a muffler. Any shops around that are reputable with a decent price. I'm off of 35th St. in Oakland, so the closer to here the better as I'm not familiar with the area. Also I'ts got an oil leak that needs work- it smokes when decelerating at highway speeds. It seems oil leaks out when I let off the gas a bit making for a smokey blast inside the car and a big plume of smoke behind. I'm hoping that's just a leaky valve cover gasket and nothing worse. It's running 20w-50 oil in a I-6 170 if anyone has any suggestions on that problem.

2. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Warbozz-

Emmanual Muffler in Alameda is really close- He's on Park St., and will get the car in and out fast-

jay

3. warbozz

warbozz

Thanks Jay, I was going to PM you specifically if I didn't get any responses. I'll run a Mapquest to see wher that's at.

4. Jay's got it right. Emmanuel's Muffler in Alameda will work on whatever you give them. If that doesn't work out, Allied Muffler on Gilman Street in Berkeley has treated me very well. They'll also do random welding jobs on just about anything I take there.

Good luck,

Mike

5. FoleyBros

FoleyBros

We do exhasut in Redwood City. Just across the bay. If you need anything done we can do it.
    Jerry

6. warbozz

warbozz

Thanks for the help everybody. I got the Falcon into Emmanuel's about 3pm yesterday and they had it done around 4:15. Sounds much better without the 'snap crackle pop' of the straight pipe. We're headed back to MO this afternoon, so everybody cross your fingers... :cool:

7. yorgatron

yorgatron
    Member Emeritus