Register now to get rid of these ads!

Msg from Moonman Rutledge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Moonman, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Moonman

Moonman
    from Cody, WY

I haven't been on in a long long time. I have been fighting head and neck cancer. I have had 45 radiation treatments, 6 chemotherapy treatments and neck dissection surgery. I am still hanging and working on my '34 Chevy Coupe I got from Chris Kibbey and John Gardner. I am just getting back on the project. I can only work a short time on it each day while I am getting my strength back. I have lost 80 lbs and am so skinny you all wouldn't recognize me! Hope everyone is doing well and I hope to post more often and keep up with everyone. My prayers are with Bo Huff.

2. best wishes with your recovery, that coupe will be great therapy for you while you recover too.
    I had surgery to my spine a couple years back and it was great to have a car project to go and spend a little time on each day . I found each day I could handle a little longer in the 'shop and times where I didn't feel so flash I'd go and just sit out there with a coffee and plan the next stage .
    Good luck .

3. Keep up the good fight!

4. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Moonman God Bless your heart and will to keep on doin what you love

5. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Good to hear you're recovering and getting back into working on your '34.

God Bless you Moonman.

6. Keep a positive attitude and and always look forward . The project will keep you looking forward to something and the healing will follow. Take care, Rob.

7. Moonman

Moonman
    from Cody, WY

Thanks everyone. It is nice to be back in touch with the HAMB family!

8. May God restore you, Prayers out to you.

9. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Moonman, I'm also recovering from throat cancer. I had my last radiation treatment on June 18th and figured I'd be back to "normal" within a week. I found out it doesn't quite work that way and 3 months later, I'm still in recovery, but I'll make it and so will you.

My son-in-law had the same cancer I did, about 12 years ago. His was stage 4 and they gave him a 12% chance. Now, 11 years later, he's been cancer free and they don't even bother scanning him any longer. Last year he built a 40'x60' barn by himself.

I'm praying for you and hoping for your complete recovery.