Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mr. Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by surfacedoctor, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Most of you growing up in Chicago or surrounding places will remember radio commercials for U.S. 30 dragstrip in Gary Id. A guy named Jan Gabriel did thise commercials among other things. He was the voice of Santa Fe raceway (short dirt track) just out side of Chicago. He also had a short lived T.V. show much like American Bandstand called Up Tempo, thats where I met him. I was a regular on that show. He is in need of a kidney now and has a website. On that site there are T.V. commercials from the seventies showing action from U.S. 30. I thought it would be cool if about a 100,00 hambers would sign his guest book and wish him well. the web site is wwwjancgabriel.com. Thanks for listening.

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  3. Thanks for the heads-up John. Jan's an icon not to mention an upbeat, positive person. Even with his numerous health problems he manages to make quite a few events.

Here's a few shots of him when he visited the Chicago BrushMasters display at the World of Wheels in 2008. The link is to Gary Mitidiero's generous photo album. Check out photos #31, 32 and 33.

http://hitechdigitals.com/brushmasters/index.html

Now over to Jan's site to sign in.....:cool:

4. weldtoride

weldtoride