Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Mr. Palumbo's Shoebox project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy Palumbo, Sep 10, 2011.

1. I like your progress. I especially like that you make everything. Nobody knows the pride that comes from making it yourself unless they do it. Good job. Looks good.

2. Grommet

Grommet
    from South GA

I dig the mini french on the tail lights....Awesome

3. jerseymike

jerseymike

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Sorry I haven't replied sooner :eek:

I like doing & making things myself if I can . It gives things a "human" feel , and it certainly does give you a good feeling when things work out .

Thanks - I hope it looks as good in the end , as it does in my mind , lol !

I was actually just thinking of asking YOU the same thing ;) ! You need to do a build thread .

I haven't made any real progress lately , just been clicking away on Craig's shoebox (it's moving on it's own power now) . I have my heater box/blower pieces at work , ready to sandblast & paint . I'll post pics once they're all shiney :cool: . Got my new heater core to install too .

Going to Hershey at the end of the week - maybe some goodies will follow me home .

5. The tail lite treatment is one of the best i've seen. Very clean look. I hate to copy but i might have to.
    Got more pics?

6. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I'll have to look around & see if I have any more pics of the taillights - I know I have more , but those are probably the most internet-friendly ones , IIRC (meaning clear , etc.) . If I find any that better show something , I'll post 'em up .

This subtle french should look very smooth when all leaded-up & stuff . I can't wait to get that done & shoot some primer on 'em to get a real look at 'em !

7. kiwiandy

kiwiandy

Your project is looking good mate. Im another fan of the tail lights. Ive just been looking at the pics of your rear quarter patch's as im heading into that area soon. Im leaning toward removing the lower half of the quarter to access the inner well's but still not sure. Thanks for sharing the pics. Cheers.

Andy.

8. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Those tail lights rule! This is going to be a killer shoebox!

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks guys !

I have just a small update for today . I've been pretty busy lately , but I did manage (with help from my friend , Craig - HAMB'er Legend544) to clean up & re-gasket my old 302 over the last week or so . We got it mostly buttoned-up last night . Its even sportin' it's old-school Edelbrock Torker "tarantula" intake & Cal Custom valve covers ... cool beans ! The flash makes the color look crazy-light blue , but believe me , it's Ford (light) blue , lol !! I'll get some outside/better pics when we install it soon .

On with the pics !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Another update - the engine's in !! Ya know I'm into shooting pics , so here ya go ;)

Bolted the engine/trans together , ready to go in

[​IMG]

Sliding it in (my ugly mug)

[​IMG]

Like a glove !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

A couple more pics , just 'cause I think it's cool to see 2 shoeboxes in one garage .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Coupe :

[​IMG]

Craig's sedan we've been building also :

[​IMG]

Thanks for watchin' !!

12. jerseymike

jerseymike

cool shots with both cars in one garage. good to see some progress.

13. Ah looking great man. Hey i see you have a rear sump. Do you have clearance for the drag link? A friend of mine is doing the same thing but he's not sure if he has to change the pan.

14. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

ANY progress is good progress in MY book , lol !! We've got more to do on Craig's car , and now we can keep rollin' on my car now that this big hurdle is over .

Thanks . I don't specifically remember LOOKING for clearance at the drag link , but nothing popped out at me . I'll shoot a couple pics for ya when I'm over to work on the car in the next couple days . Seems to have plenty of clearance at the crossmember & such . What mount kit is your friend using (Jamco , Opie's/Butch's ...) ??

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I went over to Craig's tonight , and actually remembered my camera , lol ! Here's a pic of the steering clearance for ya - plenty (a couple inches easy) . I'm running Jamco mounts ...

[​IMG]

16. Looks like enough clearance, maybe. How much drop in the front end?

17. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

My car has Aerostar springs up front , so 2.5" to 3" drop . Craig's car (the other car in the pics) has the same drop .

18. Good stuff here! Very nice.

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

I love the tail lights ! I missed this thread somehow ,nice work!

20. Lookin good Buddy. I went from Blue Dots to Lee's also. They look better IMO and seem to be brighter.

Attached Files:

21. fleetside66

fleetside66

Looks like a spring debut?

22. shoebox50

shoebox50

23. jerseymike

jerseymike

24. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thank you

Thanks - an old-timer talked me into not using chanelleing buckets , and I'm glad he did .

They definately look better - I certainly dig your ride (and that boat of yours !)

I WISH !!

Thanks

No major updates (hopefully soon) , but I'm gathering parts ...

25. sevenevez

sevenevez
    from Yuma, AZ

love the tailight job. i seriously need to get a welder and get my practice up

26. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

Lookin' good dude,i was waiting for you to post some pictures of it.

27. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Thanks - practice makes perfect !

Thanks , Stevie . Yea , it took me a while to get pics up on the web .

28. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Messed around on the 'Box the other night - wanted to test-fit some headers for a clearance check around the steering box . First up was my stock Fox-body Mustang headers ... they fit like they were meant for the car !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up were my equal-length shorty headers (Heddman , IIRC) . They are really close to the block on the driver's side , may need to file away at a casting to get adequate clearance . They're closer to the steering column than the Fox-body ones too , around 1/4-inch or so . They sure do look bitchin' though ! If I use 'em , they'll need a good blasting & will be white again .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got another project planned for this weekend - something I should've done a while ago . I'll have pics up soon .

29. Thanks for the pics. I was wondering about aftermarket headers. They look alot nicer than the stang but getting tight in there.. Now i know.

30. Buddy: Oil Filter question SBF Fit

What oil fliter for SBF is best to use? My fit is tooo tight, It seems that i need a shorter one. How short can one go without effecting engine ?