Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mr. Greeter introduces himself.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Black Fifty, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Hello All.

I recently joined the HAMB and Ford Barn as I am the proud new owner of a 1950 Ford Custom Deluxe. Last car I had, I sold 15 years ago and figured I would never own one again (the cool kind). I've always had 60s and early 70s muscle cars but wanted something that "felt" older to me. This thing is the ticket.

For the last several days I've been greeting new members that had no replies to their introduction posts to make sure us newbies felt like part of the group. Then I was called out (LOL) by X38 about the fact that I hadn't introduced myself but was greeting everyone else.

I worked as a mechanic for 10 years back in the 80s/90s so I'm familiar with the mechanicals but don't touch body/paint stuff, and kinda' weak in the fab department. So I hope to learn from all of you, but also offer advice with swinging the wrenches and anything else that I have experience with.

Great to be with you!
    Mike

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Let's see some pics of that '50! I'm south of Flint and can be seen driving my '50 Sedan quite often. Welcome to the HAMB.

lothiandon1940 and Black Fifty like this.
  3. Great to meet you, Pete. Pictures? If you insist..........

50_2.jpg 50_4.jpg 50_13.jpg 50_24.jpg

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. WOW, you got yourself one nice ride there. Also some nice ones peeking out in the background of your avatar photo. I think 50 was a great year for all the car brands. Jimmie

Black Fifty and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Great car! Way nicer than mine.

lothiandon1940 and Black Fifty like this.
  6. Fast Eddie 27

Fast Eddie 27

Black Fifty likes this.
  7. Welcome.;)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Welcome to the forum!

Your car looks fantastic! I love that Flathead look!

I am more of a... Huhumm.. Mopar guy(Shhhh.. don't tell anybody). But I built them all and I like other brands too. If I had a lot of money, I would be just like Jay Leno... LOL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. Roger Sundfors

Roger Sundfors
    from Sweden

10. We'd all be that way!!!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Shutter Speed

Shutter Speed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Greetings Greeter...Bitchin Coupe!

12. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

13. Hi Classic Car Jack. This is the only one. My comment above was just referencing the fact that most of us would have quite a stable if money was no object. I do have a '99 Jeep Cherokee that came from Florida. You won't find a spec of corrosion on that one! Very nice with original paint. My '98 Cherokee looks like Swiss cheese (a Michigan truck).

Looks like you have a collection yourself! I'll have to go through your posts to see if you've put up pics of some of that precious steel.
    Mike