Register now to get rid of these ads!

History mph scoop history questions..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 409deuce, Jul 2, 2020.

1. 409deuce

409deuce

Hello gentleman
    Of late I've been on the lookout for a hilborn style scoop for my drag car, something dated.
    Bds units are nice with the larger front opening but a little out of my price range.
    With regards to the mph units were they ever reproduced or just simply changed through the years?
    I see adjustable base plate undersides for dual quads as well as the molded bottoms.
    Thanks for checking in.

Attached Files:

2. They were never reproduced, the top design was changed a couple times too.
    I seen a really clean one with adjustable bottom sell for $75 bucks back in February, so some deals are still out there. I paid a hundred for mine but was drilled through the top for carb studs.

20191014_195646.jpg

409deuce likes this.
  3. bchctybob

bchctybob

I bought a BDS style scoop for my Austin, it was around $300 and something from Good Vibrations Motorsports. It came with two filter elements and most importantly - no name. It would look great except that due to my engine set back the scoop hits the windshield. So it’s sitting in the box until I swap in the new engine which will be re-mounted a little further forward.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Desoto291Hemi likes this.
  4. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

I have a nice one that I maybe putting up for sale with a few more scoops and air cleaners in my collection. I have sold a few but I don’t need all of them .:oops::D