Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving to Moses Lake Washington area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Moving to the Moses Lake, Ephrata, Othelle area sometime next month. are some of you Hambers out in those areas? I won't know a soul there. Bud

2. Not sure on members. Kind of a in between area for sure. Of course, E'burg is no Metro

3. jipp

jipp

i think you will be happy out there.. i lived in wapato for 8 years or so.. its out side of Yakima.. enjoy your new town.. to bad you are moving during winter.. it gets cold. brrr..
    chris.

4. bump for the night crew.....

5. rusty bill

rusty bill

Lotsa HAMBers around Wenatchee!

6. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Well, the good news is that your between Spokane and Seattle, both of which have lots of auto-related events each year. Not too far from Portland either. You'll also be on the
    East side of the Cascades where its a hell of a lot dryer due to the rain shadow effect.
    Nomobux is right, Ellensburg (an hour or so West) is no Metro, but we build fast cars with wheels, so a short drive to where the action is should be no problem.

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't know of any other Hambers there but there may be some that don't post much.
    Moses Lake is a good central location in the state that is a couple of hours in one direction or another from lots of car activity. Spokane, Tri-Cities, Yakima, Wenatchee And even Seattle are fairly easy drives.

I wish it could be set up so that their airport runway could be used for land speed runs. The Main runway is 13,500 ft long.

8. are you going for job related issues? hope you like wind.

9. yep, accepted a transfer, hoping they will pay the relocation fee. Otherwise it's an expensive move

10. Yup, the wind is brutal. Yesterday was a complete write off and today is starting out no better. I hate it !!

11. 73super

73super

That's cool. I go there often. I've got a retired bud' that lives up there. Belongs to a car club... but don't think you'd be into it... bunch'a ol' furts that sit around and B.S.... hey wait.. that sounds like me?! lol. Anyway.. ya.. that's a great area.. better summers over there than we have over there. Great fishing, cars.. I'd say women.. but... can't.. ha! Hopefully you're bringing your own! If not.. and single.. Spokane's not that far away! Good luck mon'!

By the way.. you're car sure looks familiar. Done any shows recently?

Later.

12. no shows down south, a few way up north of Seattle. You can see the car in the hamb classifieds.... its for sale.

13. 73super

73super

Ahhh.. Craigslist! That's where I saw it. Nice ride. Hopefully find yourself a buyer.

14. skull

skull

euphrata has a cool 1/4 mile paved circle track right across from wallmart.

there is also in euphrata thre's a speed or car collector place right on the main drag, ya can't miss it, lots hot rods sitting out in front.

Later:cool: