Register now to get rid of these ads!

moving to bainbridge ga soon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by randydupree, Jul 2, 2006.

1. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

any hambers in that area?
    randy

2. Kinky6

Kinky6

I'm about 3 hours away from there. At least you'll only be about 50 miles away from the swap meets in Moultrie, but that's only twice a year.

Later, :cool:

3. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I drive through there every so often... ;)

4. Phil1934

Phil1934

There's a drag strip in Albany. You'll be going to Albany for shopping, hair cuts, etc. anyways. My brother lived in Bainbridge. Quiet.

5. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

You have my DEEPEST sympathies.
    I was exiled to Georgia for a year. Escaped las August.
    STILL cannot sell my old house there.

GOOD LUCK!
    Glenn

6. daren

daren

I live in Albany,GA. There ain't many hamb style cars down this way, just to let you know. Theres not much car stuff going on but the local car club here has 2 cruise-ins a month at local establishments, there is also a drag strip here but it is 1/8 mile. Supposedly a lot more going on around hotlanta up that way, I have been trying to get to the dixiefried show up there for awhile now. I've been to Atlanta once in my life and don't care to go back, but I think the Driveinvasion and Dixiefried might be worth it.

Theres also a huge swap meet in Moultrie thats close by and it happens twice a year.

7. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

The swap meet in moultrie is the week before thanksgiving for the fall event. the winter event is the first w/e in feb. really big.Albany is a old track that used to be 1/4 mi,open in the early 60s.

8. luckystiff

luckystiff

my dad was part owner of the albany dragway(and the owner of the Big A Dragway in abbeville,al) back in the early 70s. as said there ain't much there but it is what you make of it. and at least you can do moultrie and the atlanta stuff without much problem. if you like quite living you'll be alright...ken....

9. daren

daren

As said above i've been told the drag strip in Albany used to a 1/4 long. I remember when I was little going there and seeing a nice 55 Chevy race there. I think the reason the strip was cut back to 1/8 is because at the end of the track there is a trailer park and I remember dad telling me about a race car losing control once at the end and smashing into one of those mobile homes!

Luckily no one was hurt.

10. randydupree

randydupree
    from archer fl

i'm looking for quiet! i live in fl. and its just too busy for me after 51 years. quiet is good.
    i go to moultrie now.
    randy

11. there is a decent handful of us in atlanta area.....let us know if you ever make a trip up that way...good excuse for us to all get together

12. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

If any of you make it up here to the ATl give a pm. We'll show ya around.