Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving Countries - Australia to SO-CAL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tall Paul, Feb 4, 2010.

1. choppershox

choppershox

Bring me a huge tub of Vegemite...I can only get the small ones here in Vegas... : O

2. Geez Doc... when you say it like that it sounds like you need a HUSBAND! :eek:

3. Hey Paul. Best of luck. You're gunna have a ball. Australia loses another hot rodder who 'gets it'. I'm sure you'll be glad to leave all the BS behind. . . . . like fenders, exhaust shielding, bumpers and 'rego kits' etc. Sometimes I think we're sinking lower and lower. glad you're getting out. You'll have a Hot Rod finished in no time. Ha! I guess it will be a while 'til you get back to Adelaide again. . . . But if you're in SoCal . . . . . We'll just have to come visit you!!! Enjoy it!
    Michael

4. You guys drink Coronas in Oz? Why? You have good native beer... Castlemaines...I think that's what it is.

5. Hahahahaha... because everyone's been fooled by all the marketing hype into thinking it's an exotic foreign beer, when really all it is is MEXICAN CAT'S PISS! :D

I've got Dos Equis in the fridge at the moment, not sure if that's really any better, but it was cheap.

6. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

I like a fresh cold Shiner best.
    kinda reminds me of Falstaff.

I was going to recommend Goodfella's Hamburgers in Norwalk Ca but recent reviews are not what i remember the place to be.
    Word is that Asians own it now and it's not kept up as well
    I used to pickup at the furniture warehouse 2 blocks south of there.
    My first time there I order this double cheeze burger with everything and it has 8 oz of pastrami on top. the pile of fries was ample. There were a couple of big gruff italians running the place. One comes over and ask's me how I like the burger. I say What? are you trying to kill me poppy. he asks what's wrong with the Boyga and I looking down at the plate say Nuttin Boss, it's poyfect! but it's over a hundred dagreeze out dare and I gotta walk 2 blocks, Then I look him in the eye and say "I know I'm gonna die but I just couldn't stop myself from eating the whole thing".
    Aw man, he thought it was great.
    The place was cool. american, italian and mexican food cooked in open view with a classic counter right up front when you walked in the place and DeNiro and Pachino stuff all over the walls.

I found a good diner owned by an Asian fella. leaving longbeach yards going down the pch past signal hill you come to a country club on the left and a grove of walnut or oak trees on the right a little farther and you turn left and go a block to get to Cal State.
    Well, if you turn left there and go to the light there will be a nice old diner on the rhs with the parking lot before you pass the diner. great steak dinner for 12 bucks with appetizer salad and desert and the owner is very particular about the service and quality. If you go past the diner to the corner and turn right your looking at KFC.
    It's been a few years since I was hitting the area but I tried to get there as much as I could when I was picking up a load at longbeach.

7. badnews 31

badnews 31

lucky lucky lucky lucky man you are going to be living my dream,has your new wife got a sister ????? well done good luck:):):)

8. RagDoll

RagDoll

Just saw this Paul! If you bring that carb cleaner disguised as rum, Brandy and I will have to counter attack! LOL! Welcome! Congrats to you and the missus!!

9. RagDoll

RagDoll

Yes we need Medics..have fun with national Registry though! Our version of DMV so to speak!

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Seems to me we met at the Jalopy Showdown one year? Anyway, congrats and welcome to the States. I'm sure our paths will cross at the Santa Maria or LARS events this summer. Look for Big Olds and stop and say hi.

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

OMG welcome back to the HAMB! And yes, Bundy would be an EPIC Tulane.:eek:

12. RagDoll

RagDoll

TULANE.... Oi. :eek: