Register now to get rid of these ads!

Movie Question Movie Starring Oldsmobile & Burt Reynolds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MOPARMORTUARY, Jan 26, 2007.

1. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

I can remember a movie probably made in the 70's that starred a mid-50's Oldsmobile and Burt Reynolds. The car was supposed to be some kind of jubilee special, it ran like a scalded dawg and had a special horn melody. Was this a real limited production car? Does anyone have one? Does anyone have a copy of the movie? Or even remember the title?
    Thanks,
    Chad

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

I remember the Movie, but I can't remember the title. That was a great car!

3. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

WW & The Dixie Dance Kings.....it was a Golden Anniversery model....I remember a scene with a cop, picking up part of the emblem, next to the car's burnt out shell.....

4. MOPARMORTUARY

MOPARMORTUARY

Yeah that's it! What year was the car? Is it available on VHS or DVD? Does any one have a copy? Any Oldsmobile heads have any specs on the car?

5. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Car was either a 55 or a 56. Don't remember which.

6. OldSchoolObee

OldSchoolObee

1955...not sure if it was a true option...... cant seem to find it on dvd...

7. Fat Cat

Fat Cat

According to IMDB it is not available on DVD or VHS.

8. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

All I seem to remember is that the Olds had a 45 player. I think that was the first time I had heard of one.

9. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

53 was the 50th year of Olds, I believe..............remember the 1903 curved dash Olds?

10. butch27

butch27

Yes: But in the movie it wasn't a '53.??

11. Funny stuff in that movie like when he robs the gas station & tells the guy working there to tell the police "4 black guys in a Caddy - with a shotgun robbed this place". Now that people are getting overly PC we will never see that movie again.:(

12. Gator

Gator

Here's the movie poster:

[​IMG]

I remember as a kid going to a BIG indoor car show in Nashville in the late seventies, they had advertised "Burt Reynolds movie car" would be there. I was expecting that black Trans Am, but it was the Oldsmobile instead. I was crushed, as "Smokey and the Bandit" had just come out.

As a consolation, the Barris "Pink Panther" show car was there.

[​IMG]

13. Yea Gator, I remember that. I worked with a guy a short time that (I forget exactly) owned or loaned one of the movie cars or built one of em--something like that. He was big into "kustoms" at the time(around 1980-81 when few people were) Canadian fella, I think. Name was Wayne Levesque(sp) Anybody ever heard of him? Nice guy--wonder what ever happened to him

14. Appleseed

Appleseed

I think Olds can out in 97, as in 1897.

15. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

that car is in wichita ,ks or it was about 15 years ago last time I saw it. the owner lived on the same block as the guy that had the american graffiti cars.

16. Graffiti32

Graffiti32
    from Illinois

There was a guy at the hunnert selling dvd's I think he told me he has it I cant rember his name or find his card. I bet a Hamber will. You see a dvd on Egay sometimes$$$$$

17. didgeytrucker

didgeytrucker

A good buddy of mine worked at the body shop that was rented out by the movie company to paint the cars. The gold was a special mixture of about three different golds to make it show up on film. They would bring the cars in all banged up after a day of shooting and want them ready to go at 6am the next morning. A lot of the movie was shot around Murfreesboro, TN.

Tracy