Register now to get rid of these ads!

Movie expert question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fast41, Jan 17, 2008.

1. fast41

fast41

When I was a little kid (40 now) I remember a movie that had a 55,56,or57 hotrod wagon and he was racing a early camaro. I think the camaro was blue. In one shot the wagon was on the street and the camaro was on a dirt road beside the street. I remember people on horses getting out of the way. Thats all I remember. Anyone have any ideas on the name of this movie?

2. butch27

butch27

Man that just sounds weird. Was Gabby Hayes in that?

3. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Yep, it's called, "Outrage". Released as a TV movie in 1973, never released on video. I saw it on tv back then, (I was young then too), and thought it was the coolest movie I had ever seen!
    I searched for it for years on video, no dice! Finally found out about "Internet Movie Data Base", (www.IMDB.com), did a search, and found someone with a copy recorded off the tv.

The Chevy wagon is a badass '56 Nomad gasser that belongs to the teenage leader, (Vance Chandler), of a gang of hot rod rich kids that terrorize their exclusive neighborhood. The Camaro is a '70-'72 split-bumper Z-28 with fat Cragar SS's,...there's also a custom Ranchero...

It starred Robert Culp, (who I'm convinced went to the William Shatner School of Overacting!), as Dr. Jim Kiler, (who is a veterinarian), who goes up against the teenagers...

It's pretty cool, I won't tell ya what he does to the Nomad in the end!

4. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

Wow, I remember that, the 56 was yellow with a spoiler under the front where the bumper should have been.

Bob Kulp also kicked someones ass while moving their lawn...

5. poncho62

poncho62
    BANNED

Typical 70s movie...........Great weren't they?

6. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Oooops!...guess the Camaro wasn't a split-bumper car,...I forgot about that mid-year Vette with the flares and multi-colored candy panels....and the bell bottoms!

Notice the Ranchero has square headlights?...a little ahead of it's time...