Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moved to Lubbock,Tx.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Oldskool27T, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Hey guys I had to move to Lubbock,Tx. due to work any Hambers from this area?

2. Harrisontx

Harrisontx
    from Waco Texas

I lived there for a yea. I miss that place. Take some time to hit up a couple surrounding cities, its almost like going back in time.

3. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I'm 2 hours north in Amarillo. Quite a few hambers here that I know of.

4. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

Thanks guys I hope there's a few more a little closer.

5. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

stuck in wellington not far from ya!

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

2 hours north in Amarillo as well. Welcome to the flat part of Texas. :)

iPhone - TJJ App

7. Vergil

Vergil

Done a members search and the are 29 HAMB members in Lubbock, TX

Vergil

8. Silverado85

Silverado85

Check out the guys at Hill's Hot Rods at 122 SE Loop 289
    Lubbock, TX.

9. JJK

JJK

Good folks in Lubbock, check out every nook and cranny the old cars are everywhere!

10. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Man I'm sorry to hear about that! Lubbocks not too bad if you like sand storms and no trees. Good side if your still young enough (and single of course) theres lots of college girls around looking for fun.:D

I lived in and around Lubbock for about 40 years and I still have quite a few good freinds around there.

Quite a few stuck up car clubs in the area if you like the gold chain stuff.

What kind of work are you doing?

11. Go see Keith out on south University. Almost to 1585.

12. Oldskool27T

Oldskool27T
    from Tyler,Tx.

That's cool looks like I'm not alone but I'm going to miss my buddys from east Texas.

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I'm in Slaton, Tx. about 15 miles east of Lubbock.

14. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Cougardan is right, Keith(westexgasrguy) out on south university has a pretty cool shop and alway enjoys meeting new hot rodders. Richard(154studebaker) has s really cool flamed T-bird and Tim, over at Chiefs drop dead customs are all here in Lubbock and are great guys.

15. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I have a model T project underway as well. No where close to being finished, but under way....

16. Legit

Legit

I grew up in Midland (2 hours south) and a few years in Levelland (just west of Lubbock), still have family in the Lubbock area. As a kid I remember going to some pretty good car shows in Midland, and always would see cool cars on the regular, all over West Tx.

17. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Yes there are a handfull in Lubbock. I am in Amarillo and work in Lubbock a couple times a month. Look up the West Texas Hambers social group.

Where in East TX did you move from?

18. I'm in the Earth/Dimmitt area, about an hour northwest of Lubbock. I'm originally from SoCal, so I'm used to seeing alot more car events throughout the year, but Lubbock does have a few shows a year. What kind of car do you have?

19. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

O.D. Kenney is the best little parts store in West Texas. Maybe in the whole state but I haven't covered all of it. Owned by the Kenney family and in the same building since 1928.
    Mike Kenney knows his stuff.

Slaton car show has always been one of my favorites in the Lubbock area. I made the trip back there this past July.

20. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Yeah. Mike is a good buddy of mine. I've known him since we were 15 or 16. He and his wife live two doors down from me.

21. pagesplaythings

pagesplaythings

I'm in Lubbock I also moved here from Amarillo give me a shout sometime

22. 50styleline

50styleline

Texasspeed said it best "the flat part". A friend of mine came from there. Said his dog ran away two days ago and he can still see him. I am confident you can find good car people just about anywhere in Tx. Good luck

23. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

You can see where your going before you leave.

24. WestTexas63

WestTexas63

Lubbock Also from East Texas!

25. Boy, do I miss Lubbock. I grew up there and go back every Thanksgiving to my folks. There are a few car clubs around. The last I knew, unless you are older than 50 or 60, don't bother with the Nifty 50's car club. I was a member years ago and almost all of the others were old enough to be my dad (or granddad)...good guys, but I doubt they worked on their own stuff much.

There are a couple of parts yards out off of the Slaton Highway on 114th Street between th highway and University Ave.

There is usually an annual Buddy Holly festival downtown (I27 and 19th street), too.