Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mouse and Rat P

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 0nedon, Jun 14, 2018.

1. 0nedon

0nedon

I posted this in antiquated and then released it is in the wrong spot- I am looking for some suggestions on what might help get rid of the smell! I have a 54 and removed the headliner and there is a lot of poo and urine smell from these little critters, any suggestions? I've already blowed it out and vacuumed. Thanks

2. squirrel

squirrel

wash it with diluted bleach

lothiandon1940 and catdad49 like this.
  3. catdad49

catdad49

Google is your friend, there are many ways to get rid odors. If it's real bad, it may take more than one application! Good Luck.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Be real careful around that stuff as the poop from deer mice can carry Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome causing elements. Had a deputy sheriff die from it a few years ago in this county. I think he was cleaning a shed or cabin that he owned that had those mice in it.
    I'd agree with Jim on the diluted bleach. mix some up and put it in a spray bottle to spray on it.

5. I can't claim first hand experience but I noticed that pet stores carry liquids to remove odor from rugs and furniture where cats and dogs have urinated. Be sure to post if you find a solution.

Charlie Stephens

6. time and fresh air will eventually win out. But diluted bleach in the meantime will expedite things.

7. 0nedon

0nedon

Thanks Guys, I will try the bleach now and check at walmart to see if there is anything else. Will post later

8. squirrel

squirrel

I used some of the pet urine products to clean parts of the Airstream trailer. I guess it worked, it smells ok now.

bleach is cheap.

9. I used some cedar oil in my old car after a good cleaning to help replace one odor (mice)with another(trees). It kinda works but with a convertible with the top down nothing lasts long for air freshener.

10. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Go to the pet store. They have something that works really well and smells nice. I can remember the name.

11. VonWegener

VonWegener

When you spray bleach make sure it does not blow back towards you. I know it sounds self explanatory but if inhaled it can cause your airways to close and you die from anaphylactic shock because your body wants to protect the lungs.

12. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

After you clean it , paint ver with a spray gun , blow it every where you can. I like rustoleum thinned with acetone

13. trey32

trey32

All I've learned here is don't do anything cause I could die either way...

VonWegener likes this.
  14. Perhaps it is the product named 'Nature's Miracle'. It is specifically for skunk odors so I have no idea if it will work for rats and mice. There is a common product named 'Resolve' for pet accident clean-ups. That one I know all too well that it works on pet spots. Good luck with your project.

15. 1946caddy

1946caddy
    from washington

I was just getting ready to start a thread about this when I saw this one. One can't be too cautious.
    http://www.foxnews.com/health/2018/...racting-virus-spread-by-rodent-droppings.html