Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mounting a condenser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill Van Dyke, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

Pretty basic questions I'm afraid, but I don't know the answers. (1) mount the AC condenser on the front of the rad. core at the top , middle or bottom? (2) Does the larger fitting go on the bottom or the top? Thanks. Bill

2. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Haha, I thought this was gonna be an ignition component question!

3. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

hope you're not too disappointed! :) Never even thought about the title being confusing. Sorry

4. You need to mount it where it will get the most air over it, especially at idle. Right in front of the electric fan for example. Mine had the lines pre bent for my truck so I don't remember about the fittings.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Fr. Buick

Fr. Buick

I imagine the larger fitting goes on top. The hot gas enters the top, and cools off to a denser and heavier liquid at the bottom, requiring a smaller dia. line to exit the condenser, no?

6. cwayne

cwayne

I 2nd Fr. Buick.... large fitting on top and condenser in front of Rad. as close without touching....

7. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

thanks guys makes sense to me