Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical mounting 32 ford radiator cap

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by jervin, Oct 27, 2013.

1. jervin

jervin

I have a 32 steal five window that I want to run the original grill shell with cap.
    It seems like all of these new radiators don't have a place on top for the cap. How are you mounting your cap using a new radiator?? Thanks-Jack

2. I am running a original bezel and shell.

I just fabricated a flat piece of metal and screwed it to the cap after it was on the shell. HRP

3. 19-c

19-c

you can weld a Fake inlet tube on the top of the radiator like the original

4. There are plenty of radiator companies that will make them with the stock cap location.

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Yep, that's what I did.

6. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

the cap i bought came with a plate to do it. I had to cut the dummy neck off my radiator because it was so off center. In hindsite the plate is a better idea.

7. X4 on the plate. Done it 4 different times.

8. I did the flat piece of metal like the rest of the guys. On my cap the part that screwed into the radiator was held on by a screw (maybe a repro?) and I used the threaded hole to attach the metal strap. It is sure nice to have an original appearing cap for show and the pressure cap under the hood.

Charlie Stephens

9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I did the same for my 35 Chevy. I made bracket and soldered an old radiator neck on to allow use of OEM hood emblem. Bracket bolts to upper radiator support and was folded with beads on edges to retain strength.

Attached Files:

10. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Very nice Stumpy!!

Posted using my dang ol' telephonamajig...

11. deuceman32

deuceman32

The last time that I ordered a 32 cap at C.W. Moss, it came with mounting plates like these; (Vintique brand)

[​IMG]