Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moultre Swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mickeyc, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mickeyc

mickeyc

So I am going to the moultree swap meet next week. Some friends from here go twice most years and invited me along. Do any hamb. guys do this meet? I hope to find a few things for my Forty coupe and maybe a genie 32 chassis! (It could happen). Any tips or advice would be welcome. By the way, my friends are bringing a stock 34 Ford 2 dr. sedan from a local estate to sell. Not restored, but in really good shape and running condition. Check it out if you happen by it is a cool old Ford.

2. George

George

Be there Fri. if you can & be there at opening. A lot of ground to cover. Vast majority of stuff is Chevy, but probably early Ford stuff too.

3. bauschracing

bauschracing

Take some good shoes, it is a large show. You know that the show goes on twice a year. In November and Feb.
    If you are comming from far away you may want to get a hotel and look for stuff two days. This is south georgia and the motels are cheep. There are a lot of clean/new motels just a few miles away on the by-pass.
    Have fun.

4. chopped

chopped

You need to be at I-75 to get a room, town sells out a year in advance.Good show, well worth the ride. Should be shorts and tee's weather.

Opps, forgot about the new ones, may have room close.

5. 29moonshine

29moonshine

you can stay about 30 miles away and save about $50 a night on motel room

6. captmullette

captmullette

whats the dates ??

7. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

8. chopped

chopped

Always the weekend before Thanksgiving and the first weekend in Feb.Feb. weather can be iffy, can also be great.

9. George

George

If you're really lucky! Both are often cold &/or wet.

10. Jaybird60

Jaybird60

I froze my nuts off at the November swap meet, and walked outta there empty handed :(. It is a large area to cover though, and didn't get to see it all in a day.

11. Jaybird - just left the Coastal Empire for Pittsburgh yesterday - 60's and sunny on SSI East Beach to @ 6 and snow... homesick already.

12. camcb

camcb

I planning on being there Sat. Never been but a couple of coworkers have and say it is awesome.

13. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'll be there Thursday.....carrying my Galaxie to the Car Coral........If you haven't been to Moultrie....YOUR MISSING IT...ESPECIALLY THE NOVEMBER DATE...............we stay in Thomasville about 30 miles back toward Tallahassee...rooms about 60-70 a night.....Hampton isn around 100-125

14. Been at 10 years since I went,it was a good one last time I was there,,LONG ride from South Carolina. HRP

15. mickeyc

mickeyc

Thanks for the replys everyone. I will be there friday afternoon. My friends have rooms reserved close to the meet. I am just finishing a 100 day shut down at a nuclear plant and just plan to walk when when I care to and kick back and have a
    little r&r. However it is a well known fact it is not good to leave me without adult supervision and overtime money! My wife is nervous!

16. donnie12

donnie12

Do you know how much they are asking for the 34?

17. Bill Nabors

Bill Nabors

I always stay i sylvester. two motels close to each other. it is north of Moultre by about 22 miles. asville is good also, but rooms cxost more. I alway get good deals and buy mostly old ford parts (55 f100, 32 and 40). I always make the nov meet, but the Feb meet is OK. nov is always bigger. do it once and you will go back again. the best way is to get a space and sit and meet.
    Bill

18. WDO40

WDO40

been going twice a year for the past 15 years or so me and a buddy of mine set up a spot A371 and just try to make exp. we all ways bring back more then we take.

19. mickeyc

mickeyc

Hello Donnie, I am not sure what they are asking for the 34. The sedan is a nice car that recently was taken from storage. It is not pristine, but
    I looked it over a bit and did not see any rust issues or other signs of damage. I am sure they would rather sell it than bring it back home.
    I spoke with one of the brothers today, and he said someone was coming to look at it. One thing is certain, any information they would give about the car would be accurate and nothing would be withheld. If the sedan does not sell before Thursday morning it will be in Moultrie Thursday afternoon. It does run.

20. mink

mink
    from CT

I was there last year, you can do it all in one day... If your a young guy

21. mickeyc

mickeyc

Thank you Bill. I am going to look for 32 and 40 parts mostly. I do hope to get an idea about vendor spaces and such. I have a lot of items I would like to bring up in November and see if I may be able to sell a few.

22. Tacson

Tacson

Bill,

If you go let me know how the 53-56 Ford F100 stuff is...

23. chopped

chopped

60 and sunny Friday and Saturday.