Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Motown in the good ole days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Mar 29, 2014.

1. no55mad

no55mad

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gdcuJCuztZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Thanks no55mad, great video, of a great city.

Having been born in "the D" I used to get pissed off every time I went back there, as the city seems to slowly crumble each time I went back. I was there last month, and it hit me. We want to remember Detroit as it was during the 1960's at its peek. They made a lot more than cars in Detroit, they made EVERYTHING. It was the factory of the free world. It was one of the great cities of the world. And driving around town last month, I realized that it still is. Nothing stays the same, no matter where you go. And the city of Detroit will get beyond this, and prosper again. You can already start to see the downtown area starting to change. People are moving down there. There is still a lot of great stuff in Detroit.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Great video...
    It's been awhile since I heard time passages... Definitely brings back some memories..
    Thanks!...:)

4. Oldbill51

Oldbill51

Wow, lot of stuff that I hadn't heard of or thought of in years. I really enjoyed going back in time there, thanks.

5. I am a suburbanite, lived in Detroit until 1st grade (75) and then moved to the lovely city of Inkster ( not a big step up ha ha) and spent a lot of time there as a teenage punker going to shows I can honestly say the Downtown area is defiantly coming back. The days of the Auto plant every 3 miles will never come back, but I give credit to the urban lumberjack hipsters and young couples that are reviving downtown living. Investors are scooping up property and building new 400-1200 sq ft apartments that rent from 900-1800 a month. To me it still seems like living in a bubble....get into the surrounding neighborhoods and you are putting yourself at risk of all kinds of potential dangers. In order for the surrounding neighborhoods to improve the folks that live there need better a moral, family, and economic foundation. Some areas there are 3 generations of on public assistance, a lack of solid male role models in the household, and an unemployment rate that hovers around 20% , not a good base to build on. I hope one day it gets better. I love Detroit...just don't wanna live there!

6. Wow, that brings back a lot of memories. I grew up on the east side, and left Detroit in 75 when I joined the Corps. Went back for a few months in 79 when I got out, but there was no work. Have only been back a few times since. It's sad to see what has happened to the Motor City, but I am glad to hear that it is starting to come back.

7. Think they could pull this off today on the modern assembly line? HRP

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/17yfqxoSTFM?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426

Today the OSHA people would freak!

Great video.

9. chopped

chopped

Lived in Detroit a couple of times with Redford in between. Son's in Indian Village now. Seems like a lost cause but I root for the D anyway.

10. Wedgehead426

Wedgehead426