Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motorola Vibrasonic Reverb Hookup-How to???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tiptopdadddy, Jun 18, 2005.

1. tiptopdadddy

tiptopdadddy
    from INDY

Howdy,
    I just wanted to ask if anybody here knew how to wire up a motorola vibrasonic reverb (pulled from a 57 chevy)--what the required dash control pieces are--it's a fader for the front-rear speakers and an on-of switch I think, nothing more, but I fried one reverb unit once and they're too hard to find to do it twice. I've tried to find a schematic online but no luck. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    -Eazzee E

2. I've got the Control unit for one of these along with it's wiring harness and the 5 pin connector. I'll check on it later today after I wake up. I'm typing this in my sleep. Zzzzzzzzzz....

3. Chebby 409

Chebby 409
    from Illinois

Tiptop, do you know the model # of the unit?

4. MGBRingo

MGBRingo

I have a brand new, still in the box, Vibrasonic with all the paper work and parts, including the optional in the dash switch. I can send you a copy of the wiring diagram if you want it.

5. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

i hope you got a really long name, cause we dont accept MG's here! especially B's! (and td's are the worst) :D

6. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Howdy MGBRingo...Don't mind Fir cookie...he's been like that since the chigger infestation! ;):D

Thats a cool offer to make...welcome aboard!!!
    You should make a little intro in the intro section so we can get to know you a little better...

7. zippo

zippo
    from ellis ks

I have a motorola unit to.It is all in one unit with a knob on the front.I bought it on ebay.I am putting it in my 60 tbird.If you can help me my email is [email protected]
    Thanks,Wayne

8. impala5

impala5

can you send me a copy of that also my email is [email protected]
    thanks for you help

9. jimbo777

jimbo777
    from phoenix

can you please send me a copy of the Motorola reverb hookup also my email is [email protected]
    Thanskyou,
    Jimbo

10. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

MGBRingo.....Last Activity: 01-06-2006 12:45 PM

Chances are NOT good on getting that wiring diagram...sorry.

11. pete324rocket

pete324rocket

I rebuilt an echo-mate reverb unit a few years back.Too bad you don't have a picture.The power wire(s) should be simple cuz they are bigger and hopefully fused.The others are maybe three or four wires depending if there is a common between them. One set goes from the output of the radio,the other set goes to a set of speakers.Something like that.

12. moosecholok

moosecholok

Could you email the wiring diagram :) please....

BIll at [email protected] or if you want I can send you a self addressed envelope to send back to me. Either way! Oh, if anyone wants to buy it I am putting it on ebay for 30 bucks. Its a sears, stereophonic reverberator. I am pretty sure how to hook it up but a diagram would be better just in case. It worked when I took it out. BIll at 901-230-5016

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  13. pete324rocket

pete324rocket

Post a picture ,maybe I can help. My experience is with the motorola model I specified.

14. Four years and still waiting..............................................

15. lito_quiogue

lito_quiogue

I have too a motorola vibrasonic which i used in a 63 Corvair Monza. It comes with installation instructuion sheet. I want to sell it to any one interested.

16. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

A reverb is basically a time delay echo system for cars used in the 60's.
    Essentially it has a set of springs that are attached from a speaker to a microhone. When the speaker makes a sound the springs repeat it into the microphone PLUS an echo. Very cool sound. They also went nuts when you went over a bump or a railroad track.

Lito I would love to get a scanned copy of your instructions!

Glenn

17. DrJ

DrJ

And, ( to the best of my memory) they were made for Monaural radio.
    You will need two, one per channel, to work with a stereo radio.

18. lwhit

lwhit

What's one of these worth? I have one.

19. 12amrider

12amrider
    from tacoma wa.

be careful these things were built when radio's put out about 8-10 watts of power. if you are hooking up to an original low wattage radio you will be o.k. if you are hooking up to a newer high watt radio consult someone knowledgeable in electronics. I turned one into toast many years ago and a repairman said it was because I used a high watt radio. good luck

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

A guy at work told me the chicks really dug the reverbs..So I get one and put a speaker in the rear...First chick that heard it told me to shut that f'in thing off...It broke but the rear speaker and fader switch still worked; liked that way better...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  21. pete324rocket

pete324rocket

I had to buy a bagful of power transistors to repair mine, they don't make them anymore cuz they were used in old Hammond or something organs, or if you can , the transistors are stupid expensive. A few bucks on your end will probably get you one,I can't see them going anywhere soon.

22. indyjps

indyjps

If these use the same parts as a Hammond organ transistors, you may be able to sell to guitar amp guys. Hammonds are being parted out to build tube amps for guitar players.

http://www.solorb.com/elect/musiccirc/hammonator1/

23. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Seb.....I think your buddy at work may have meant his chick really dug a vibrator.........and possible a re-vibration after she recovered from the first round....... :D

Ray