Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motorcycles. Let's see some pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harkins, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Choptop

Choptop

Someone else did. this discussion is not all about YOU. :D

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Nope, I just called you out, I didn't call you names, I merely said you are full of shit, and you are. I called you out on a statement that is utter bullshit... it's fact... you can be competetive on non-japanese. Back your shit up or shut up... You're the one that can't take it.
    You are wrong in your statement , read your own shit....

3. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Then don't reply to me with it...

You still haven't backed up your statements... you need to keep your replies in context to who you are replying to.

4. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

I want in this "Shit Storm!" OT ass hell! I want a Bussa with a twofitty tire! No shit! I really do!

5. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

They are fun in a straight line... not so much in the twisties, especialy as they get tighter....

6. inkundone

inkundone

well the thread started on asking people to post pics of their bikes, not bitch at each other. so heres some pics of my bike.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Choptop

Choptop

sure... Then you do the same.

Capirossi finished in what place last year?

Ducati has done great in MotoGP. Good on them. Never said they havent.

If you really want to start talking "in context", I said if YOU want to be competitive, you need to be on a Japanese bike. So if YOU can get a factory MotoGP , SBK or AMA ride than start the discussion. For this discussion, lets talk about what you and I CAN do , which is walk into a showroom and buy a bike and go racing. Look at your local club racing results and report back.

And where do you get the "road racing god" carp? I never said that. I suck ass at road racing. I'm a mid-pack punter out there having fun. But I am fast enough to know better when it comes to what bikes are competitive on a regular basis and which ones arent. A simple scan of the results sheets will do that. As will knowing the teams the campaign the different brands of bikes and what they go through for the season to make them fast enough and make them last long enough to give their riders as chance at the podiums.

8. Choptop

Choptop

Ok, go get a Non-japanese bike and go racing. Report back with results.

Ya want to see what everyone else has learned?

Go to the AFM, WSMC, WERA... any other racing org that uses off the showroom floor bikes and look at the results.

Read and weep. My statements are backed up.

yours?

9. kurts c cab

kurts c cab

heres mine a bsa c11g 250cc its accually a 51 c11g engine in a c12 swingarm frame shes a project.it was given to me on my 5th birthday so is my 1st bike ive been thru many but this old beast has always been my baby.ive also got a 51 500cc ariel red hunter.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. Choptop

Choptop

back on topic.

Done with other discussions.

one of my non competitive Italian bikes that I am obviously biased against :D

[​IMG]

11. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

No Shit! so.... you other goofballs go....well...Not Here! Nice bike BTW!!! Sick fab work!!!

12. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

3rd in Moto GP, I'd call that more than competitive...

They seem to be doing fine in World Superbike as well. Again competitve...

I have, hell I was competitive in my classes for years on a Cagiva Alazzurra. If you're racing twins classes the Ducati's and Aprilia's are very competitive. Yes you can even beat the SV650's.. been there done that....

[​IMG]

After a 6 or 7 year hiatus they made me go back to being a novice, the
    Alazzurra still kicked ass when it was 10 years old....

I wonder if I go back next year if I have to do it again... it sure is fun having a yellow plate.... though I think I want to go singles racing if I do it instead of shifter carts...

And I really have to disagree with you on the club racing competetiveness. At the club level I find it more to be rider skill than the bike. I raced one bike competitively in three classes in both AMA/CCS and WERA. I regularly beat much newer and better prepared bikes. I did it for fun and not trying to be the next Lawson, Schwantz, or Roberts. I did it it off and on for almost 20 years and found it no different.

Ok the "falling on your head" thing was out of line...

I find that more often than not that the grid is stuffed with whatever manufacturer is giving the most contingencies... and not always the best bike.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

see my other reply, compare the bikes with contingencies available. You'll see that the fast guys are riding the bikes they can make money from riding.
    as well as the larger number of Japanese dealers, and the lower initial cost of the bikes...

You can be competitive with a non-japanese bike, if your skills are competitive.... you're still off base, in my 25 years of roadracing I have seen it over and over... The fast guys ride the bikes with the most contingencies, look at the twins classes and you'll see that there are Ducatis and Aprilias right there with the Japanese bikes since there aren't as many contingencies available in those classes.

14. Rockmonky

Rockmonky
    from Windsor Co

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"></TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That is "F"ing sick!!!!!! Dig the raised backbone

15. garry-sharon-harley.jpg
    This is the first time I ever sit on a Harley.
    Even though it was more than 50 years ago, I remember it
    like it was yesterday.

16. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Thats cool!! Im starting to understand what you are talking about! Good Times!!!!!!!

17. Skip Love_WEB.jpg This is a Pan Head hard tail that I built for a friend to ride to the Evil jump attempt at the snake river canyon.
    He made it there and back to Indy before the raked fame head cracked---ooops

18. inkundone

inkundone

you guys are welcome to check it out and sit on it if i can find a way to get it to the pile up. im trying to find a one bike trailer...

19. Jaime on daddys hog 1_WEB.jpg
    This is my favorite ole scooter.
    It is a 1957 Hard Tail, with a Shovel/Pan engine.
    The little girl on tank is now 30 yrs old.

20. my cb 550

Attached Files:

21. Heres mine. 1982 Sturgis.Had it since 1985. I cant believe its 25 years old now!! Dual plugged, flowed heads, 16" dog squisher front rim from a Sturgis rear( try finding one of these). Dual disc wide glide, dual coils, lowered back , rear bobbed fender. Factory Dual belt.[​IMG]

22. GeeRam

GeeRam

Well done that man..............couldn't have put it better myself...:D

23. Nope, sorry Alan.....

I hate Jap bikes, I've ridden a ton, and they have no soul....

I'm off to work....anyone else got any bike pix?

24. this dude looks like hes ready to race!
    [​IMG]

25. pitman

pitman

Soul. in motorcycles... Richard Thompson's song titled '52 Vincent, says a lot about his feelings on the issue. Duc's and Agustas have a special place in my pantheon. Flathead, I'm with ya on this one. It is great to see some examples of conceived craft here!

26. The first bike is from the era of us whipping the asses of the guys who built the second bike; that's why Jap shit(bikes, cars, microwave ovens, etc) have no soul. Ah, shit, now I've gone patriotic, oops, I mean political.

27. I've had all kinds of scooter's.
    Here is my definition of motorcycle SOUL.

You ride a Harley, you roll on a ricer.

(but man they roll fast):eek:

Now lets see some more PIC'S

28. Choptop

Choptop

My old FXR Pro Street

[​IMG]

29. Choptop

Choptop

Our last riding/camping trip in the Trinity Alps

[​IMG]

30. Ajtofelfa