Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Motor mounts question: 1950 Chev Fleetline deluxe 216

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RUSS BUCKLIN, Sep 19, 2017.

1. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

Hi All,

Went under my 50 Chev today in response to a question from another member about bellhousing motor mounts. (OMG! the amount of grease, grit and just general crap under there is daunting.)

On my car, there aren't any bellhousing mounts. Mounts at the front and under the trans. Is this correct? Seems like a lot of stress on each side of the bellhousing, but I can't see anything at all that looks like a mount should be there but isn't. FTR, we replaced the trans in 1974 and the short block in 1987, so not sure if something was there in the past and deleted or if this is correct.

2. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

PS: Any pics of as original engine compartment and undercarriage would be really appreciated.

Thanks!

3. RUSS BUCKLIN

RUSS BUCKLIN
    from Seattle

According to chevsofthe40s.com people, only two engine mounts in the front, plus the trans mounts.

4. displaced_kiwi

displaced_kiwi
    from Olathe KS

I have a 49 Chevy (car) and there is a mount at the front center of the engine, 2 side mounts - 1 on each side of the rear of the engine or front of the trans, and the trans mount at the rear center of the trans. Here is a link to the rear engine side mounts on chevy of the 40's https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/detail/7356/Chevrolet_Motor_Mount_Rear_Uses_2.html I think I bought mine from rock auto though and they were cheaper. I can only find one picture of my car during engine swap that shows part of them, circled in red, not the best photo but it gives you a rough idea. There is a bracket bolted to the back of the engine, then the mounts bolt to that and to the chassis. If no one else helps I can take a good photo in this weekend.
    IMG_9111.jpg