Register now to get rid of these ads!

motor mount help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE CHIEF, Apr 28, 2008.

1. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

im having some problems wit the motor mount on my 50 poncho here is what the previous owner did they worked fine for a while but not my car shakes like a gasser here is a picture of that the guy did he welded flat iron stock down and then welded the motor mount wit the rubber insert on it , any one have any ideas on how i can fix this wit out pulling the motor completely out and also make it so i can swap motor mounts next time they ware out. thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LabRat

LabRat

Personally i would want to fix that properly . which usually means motor out , but remove your bonnet first and maybe the motor will lift high enough for you to work in there without pulling the engine all the way out. Then make a small crossmember with new mounts that you can bolt in after cutting out those crap mounts.

3. 37FABRICATION

37FABRICATION

Uuuuum, ya, I'm gonna say ditch those completely. And some grade8 bolts and locknuts wouldn't hurt either.

4. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

yea im changing he bolts today

5. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

6. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

dang 75 views and only 2 replys come on fellas i need some help here

7. ...i've actually seen worse lower mounts than that:eek: but those might come in second place.

...first, what makes you think it shakes due to 'motor mounts'?
    ...second, you need to either brace those from underneath, or start from scratch (which i suggest).

...a couple more pictures from underneath would help too.

8. pastlane

pastlane

Really needs to be removed & done right. You need triangulation, either coming up from the side of the frame rail under the mount or tying into the cross member (hard to tell from the pics what would be better).