Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Motor City Motors, the new Monster Garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Wow, I can't believe all the negativity in this thread. Why??

2. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

what a bunch of over scripted crap!!! well now we know what were not watching next monday!

3. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Update from Texas..........my wife figured out what was wrong with the show..no big tittyed blonde.............it was so bad the "big tittyed blonde didn't even show up.

M.

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I have several! And love them! "The monsters are coming! The monsters are coming!!!" LOL Thats some funny shit! Jim

5. NOTCH

NOTCH

should I throw Lacquer Thinner in my Eye's, or watch the show?

6. EagleFreek

EagleFreek
    from Not Here

7. rusty28a

rusty28a

I was taught to be quiet when I have nothing nice to say so...

8. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

ok they were doing good .......for a while, they broke the back window? and WTF is the deal with the stupid mailbox? it was actually going decent until the point where they added the retarded bar extensions, then it went to crap from that point on out. What was the deal with the idiot painting everything? Has be been inhaling too many spray paint fumes? I mean they chopped it, they built a frame, moved the wheels back, then what happened? I have a feeling they could have done it right, but discovery wanted drama added.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Denise, just cought the last 15 minutes. Not impressed with the outcome of the T Tudor. It has a long way to go to match the original "Monster Garage" IMO.

10. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you must be very, very, very young...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Hey at least no one said ratrod the whole episode..........but they did call it a traditional hotrod lol

12. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

[Mailbox................traditional injector scoop.........very big in the 60s........

Bar extensions on the front.......chassis must have been a bit too flexible.

and yes, you may be right..could have been too bland for the Discovery C. drama bullshit.

M.

..hey Denise, sorry for the slammin'...........was hoping for a bit more than this...and did I sleep thru the front end build?...........hope the segment with yer buddy is a bit better.

QUOTE=lostforawhile;4721520]ok they were doing good .......for a while, they broke the back window? and WTF is the deal with the stupid mailbox? it was actually going decent until the point where they added the retarded bar extensions, then it went to crap from that point on out. What was the deal with the idiot painting everything? Has be been inhaling too many spray paint fumes? I mean they chopped it, they built a frame, moved the wheels back, then what happened? I have a feeling they could have done it right, but discovery wanted drama added.[/QUOTE]

13. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

lost for a while- welding the body under the frame was doing fine? lol or how about the frame they were tacking up and the tacks snapped...

14. dmackustom

dmackustom
    from wichita ks

Well it looks like a bunch of us watched it. I guess thats a win for the tv people. Like it or not

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

it didn't need to be said, the spikes welded on the tube things welded across the motor and the newspaper box said it plenty loud, and the broken back window.

16. Rotobo

Rotobo

Looked to me like it was a 1926 T model. It didn't push any of my buttons. I don't give a crap about the reasons for the show but if it was a real 1000 hp car why in the hell did a 500 HP Frod Gt blow it off the track. Okay, so it supposed to be a frist run. We all know that's bull.
    Rod

17. patina steve

patina steve

I don't think it's negativity, the program was terrible !

I have seen much more positive on the HAMB then negative.

That is the beautiful thing about this forum you can voice your opinion.

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yea i know. I know about the scoops from the 60's too, but on top of what they did it made it look more rat rod. I watched it in the hope it might be decent, such as the early biker build off's, watching the one with Indian Larry was a classic. And motorcycle mania with Jessee and the copper bike, but once the drama started I knew it was going to be a bunch of BS, once i saw doofus painting the walls. The tag line at the end was retarded too, NOW THEY CAN GO AND REBUILD DETROIT!! The new one coming up, the Howe and Howe tech looks more interesting.

19. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

if they're gonna save detroit,does this mean there will be no autorama this year?

20. badger

badger

Shit Sandwich

21. fifty years ago, Ann Margaret walked into the garage where Elvis was working on his car. Have a gal walk through with white short, shorts and let that be your drama mister TV producer.
    My hats off to the guy that discovered that trimming the spark plug wire would stop that nasty backfire.

22. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

LOL. There were negative posts here before the show even aired!

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

well i gave it a chance, from what i saw of the other episodes already filmed, looks to be some weird crap.

24. 51NINETYEIGHT

51NINETYEIGHT
    BANNED

Bitch bitch bitch, ya'll need cheese to go with all that whine? May not have been your cup of tea but WTF atleast it wasnt JAP CRAP, and stupid kids, half ass installing shit in shit cars... May not be "TRADITIONAL" but atleast it was American...

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

yea agreed ,but it just had too much drama added, It could have done really well, I don't think anyone is griping about what they chose to build,but like every other discovery show, had to be one guy not doing anything, wait until the last day to rush to get it done, motor couldn't start without problems, finish in last 30 minutes. it's just too dam scripted. give them enough time to do it right, spend the time focusing on what they are actually doing, not the drama, and someone who is not familiar with cars might learn something! I like to fabricate stuff, i wanted to see the work,not the crap going on in the shop.

26. synthsis

synthsis

they even win a tool kit if they finish the build in time. that's cookie cutter monster garage.

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

it gets worse,next week, suburban pot hole filler. no thanks. I don't care about Suburbans or filling pot holes. you cannot duplicate Monster Garage over again, and they Don't have Jesse James anyway.

28. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

if they really want to help detroit they should build a crackhead eater machine. or maybe a machine gun to kill all the corrupt people in the city with.

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Just finished watching the first episode. I was disappointed- that T was ugly as sin.

Not very good for a season premiere, and the upcoming shows look to be worse. A pothole filler? Really? Come on guys, Detroit can do better.

And what's going on with Jayme? Flaky artist type of guy with no taste or sense of proportion.

That said, I'm going to watch the next episode. But my hopes are no longer up, this is definitely the sad reincarnation of Monster Garage.

Not to play devil's advocate, but when is Austin Speed Shop going to have a television show?

30. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

ok, nothing to see here...move along...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.