Register now to get rid of these ads!

motley crue got nothin' on us, it's the (early) MONTHLY BANGER meeting!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Vince CH

Vince CH

Hi tanks for your answer, but i didn't explaine you good in the start
    I start my new project 1927 coup on A frame
    I bye some diamond B block and a B transmition in this block was the crankshaft watt i show a picture, after i need some engine for make the moc up of my car, and lucky in finde again a B block and in these one was a C crankshaft.Now i want to now wath is the best choise for a crankshaft.
    for the head you tell me its a low compression,but i think no.
    the first pics is a AF head 190 milli litre combustion chamber
    the second is a A head 250 milli litre combustion chamber
    and the last is mine from tractor Bucher 130 milli litre comb. cham.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]sorry for the pics not so good.tanks for all

2. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Hey Gang,

I just scanned these photo's for another thread, but thought I should post them here as well. They are both Model A/B aircraft engines. The first one is a "Funk" aircraft, and the second, is an aircooled, peitenpol ?? maybe?? I'm not entirely sure. Enjoy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Thanks, I can't categorically say that it is boiling, I thought that it was jut 'pushing' the water out, but I'm not so sure, I don't have any guages so it's all hard to know, It has kicked a bunch of water out after only about 1 mile, but doesn't normally do that,

I know that it is running rich if anything, can't answer you on the timing, but felt that it was right....

When you talk about the baffle in the top of the radiator which one do you mean, I have only got 1 radiator handy (the one in the car) so don't have anything to compare it to, like wise the over flow.

I think getting the radiator checked will be the first plan of attack.

Cheers

Outback

4. Bobby,

Great pictures of the aircooled conversion. I've only ever seen grainy copys of that engine. Great to see that it survived.

Its not standard Peitenpol fitment. These were usually pretty much stock engines, obviously that engine could be used in a Peitenpol though.

I believe it was made by a guy called Claude Sessions in Illinois and went through several owners during the thirties.
    It allegedly weighed 212 lbs.