Register now to get rid of these ads!

Most Expensive Ride You Got to Drive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dennis kirban, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got to drive an 08 Lambo Gallardo twin turbo a few weeks ago that belongs to a 78 year old customer. That car is insane fast. My pinstriping DVD (coming soon) will show me striping it. Could be the only Lamborghini with pinstriping.

Mikey
    www.mikeyspinstriping.com

2. ZRX61

ZRX61
    from The AV

Does this count? 'bout $1.5M...

[​IMG]

3. hlfuzzball

hlfuzzball
    from Michigan

Mercedes-Benz 300SL Roadster as a 17 year old gas pump jockey in 1958 !

4. mopar210

mopar210

not that long ago i was at lunch and a guy i know comes in with his wife for lunch , he says to me , you got my "baby" with ya today ? i have a 1970 challenger r/t 440 spd dana car ive had for about 35 years , and i said , no - its still sleepin . he said , wanna take my "baby" for a little leg stretchin ? sure , whats ya drivin , he said its the gray one in the lot and throws me the keys , then said , if ya gotta couple minutes before you go back to the shop , see how ya think she runs . i go out in the lot , holy shit , about a year old lambo diablo . needless to say , i made a couple of minutes before i went back to the shop . drove on a 2 lane about 12 miles , that thing would fly , but my big - dumb ass feet were pretty crowded around the 3 pedals , and my frame makes it kinda cramped , but who gives a shit , it was a hoot . i then put the lambo in front of one of my most rememberd drives , behind a tetarosa that i got to drive a few years earlier (dumb shit me , did a 3800 rpm side step holeshot , and almost ended up in a corn field on this drive) i think i still have a mark where my old lady smacked me in the head , after she regained the ability to speak .

5. The Tackman

The Tackman

I worked for a classic car dealership in the early 90's and had the pleasure of diving a 70 1/2 Trans-Am. It was white with blue stripes and blue interior. We had a factory hemi race car that needed ;) gas so I took it up to the station. And this is an example of the biggest thing I have ever driven.
    [​IMG]

6. RRuss

RRuss
    from Lowman, Id

Before my son retired from the Air Force as a Major he allowed me to taxi a B-1 Bomber out to the runway approach. At that point a security vehicle picked me up and took me back to the tower as my son could not arrange for me to go on a flight. That was a thrill.

7. talker

talker

1962 Ferrari 250 GTO, at the time only worth 2500.00 in 1964 now 6.5
    million at last auction Talker

8. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

That's awesome.

9. Just put a 2010 Audi R8 V10 through it's paces. My boss just brought it out of winter hibernation and had it at work today.

Me: "Hey Steve, can I take it for a rip?"

Him: "Can you drive stick?"

Me: Staring at him like he just insulted my Grandmother....

Him: "Oh, right...sorry. Here" throws me the key.

Needless to say, I made the car pay for his error.

10. Heo

Heo

Drove one of those when i made a new hood for it
    or is it a bonet when it is a britt. car:rolleyes: 440 sixpack
    fourwheeldrive maxaret antilocking brakes pretyfast
    dont know the value thou
    Think my daily SL 500 i most expensive ride i got to
    drive

11. big*b

big*b

my old boss was the care taker for john lennons rolls royce. the owner, the province of british columbia was having a function at the royal bc museum. my boss was out of town for the week and i was the only person insured to drive the car. i had it for the whole weekend driving the media around telling the cars crazy history. back in the 1980's a little over 2 million dollars was paid for the car and back then it was in 'ripleys believe it or not' and i think the guiness book of world records for the most amount of money paid for a car.

12. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I was looking at used performance cars in the late 1960's. Test drove a mid 60's blue 427 AC Cobra. It was loud and cramped and no practical for a daily driver. I bought a Corvette. They were asking $4400-$4500 for the Cobra

13. busch

busch

48 willys pickup 4x4 that was my first solo drive priceless

14. rogg49

rogg49
    from michigan

i drove this for four years
    [​IMG]

15. mastadon

mastadon

in the eary eighties I bought a 70 440 SIXPACK Challenger,pistol grip 4-speed and a 4:10 Dana.i paid $2500 for it,rebuilt the motor and panted it.A year later I sold it for $4500 and bought an original 66 Hemi Coronet,it too had a 4-speed with a Dana axle.If I only knew what these cars would be worth today!:eek:

16. Between 2000-2007 I worked in a European shop called CEC in W.Los Angeles.I came to this shop to work in the push broom and inventory department.
    Long story short.Started from bottom to being head tech in the shop.
    I did suspensions,exhaust,aerodynamics,wheel packages,Brakes,ECU's, and engine upgrades.Ferrari,BMW,MBenz,Porsche,Bentleys,etc.All were mandatory test drives by me and only me!It was fun till the economy took a shit.
    Luckily I kept up with my education on getting my apprentice plumbing license.
    It was cool while it lasted.
    Here's a few pic's.Ya, Thats me trying to be hardcore!
    The best part of this job was that the owners of these cars would a kick out of my truck.Watching me hitting switches and dragging the frame down the street.

Attached Files:

17. 61falcon

61falcon

brand new ford gt. drove a couple of them.

18. A Boyd and Lil' John built steel 32 Phaeton.

19. dakota tom

dakota tom
    from dakotas

This was my Grandfathers, bought new, 1948 fleetmaster wagon, 27,000 mile original, I drove a few times.

It's priceless in my opinion now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  20. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

This - I helped with the restoration in the late 70s.

[​IMG]

It's the former Joel Rosen/Motion King Cobra record holder. Now restored to race trim and recently sold for over 1/2 million.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. MotionNova

MotionNova
    from Ohio

One of my buddies had a 69 camaro in the late 80s. It had a 396 4-speed 12 bolt w/ 4.10s Didn't realy know anything of the cars history except it used to be a drag car. It was rust free w/original paint real clean and fast? He sold it in 1994. Turns out it was a true COPO Camaro it has recently undergone a full restoration and is insured for $185,000.00

22. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

$750,000 LTI aerial Firetruck delivering to refinery after it was built. Drove several over $500,000

23. Ramblur

Ramblur

As a 10 year old kid I think I probably wore the shifter out on a 69 COPO
    427 Camaro. Of course it never moved but in my mind I made 100's of
    passes. Belonged to a guy that worked for my dad and I didn't miss many
    chances to jump in and hammer on it before they got home...
    Now I don't care that it was in the backseat because the greatest ride
    ever came last Nov.behind a V12 Allison. http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=415808

And thanks Dennis for sharing your Hurst collection/history with us.I bought
    a new 86 GN and put nearly 190K miles on it before letting it go about 6-7
    yrs ago. I ALWAYS got great service from you and that will always be
    appreciated.

24. Do trucks count? If so, late model W900 Kenworth, probably around 60k at least.

Can't say any of the cars I've driven were that high dollar, but, I have ridden in a 150k Tesla. May not have the rumble of a V-8, but that thing will plant you in the seat, 0-60 in 3.6.

25. davis574ord

davis574ord

I had just finished paqinting a 1935 auburn boat-tail speedster for a customer and had to drive it about thirty miles to the upholestry shop and then to the glass shop after that, i was terrified cus i didnt want it to get fucked up before the customer picked it up, the fuckin retarded glass guy ended up scratching the cowl and the dash, after that i had to re-paint his fuck ups i delivered that car, and picked up his 32 cord coffin nose and did that one also he was very happy with both , i will say the cord was a lot more fun to drive both bitchen cars though the funnest was a 1968 z-28 4-speed camaro that i fixed after the guy hit a deer that car was quick!

26. Probably my 66 GT350H. Sold it for $109,000.00:) in 2004...sniff:(
    Rode in a 69 Boss 429 many years ago.

27. von zipper

von zipper

A 1970 Dodge Charger R/t with a 440 6pack! back in '75'! worth $1200 back then! NOW......I hate to think about it!! because I owned it for 30 min till my parents made me take it back because the gas tank had a leak and they didn't give me a chance to fix it!!! I will never forgive them for that prick tease!!!

28. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

1033 mer-benz
    hidreck hemmalers?nazi parade car
    3 rows of seats ..2 windshields...machine gun in back seat for gaurds
    str 8 engine with a multi speed gear driven supercharger up in front of the radiator>>>like driving a fire truck
    drove it to a car show at horse race track near pasadena socal
    as a teen almost 50yrs ago............

29. Deuces

Deuces

My 2005 Stang GT drop top with the stock Tremec 5-speed manual gear box and 3.55's out back. I bought it new and still have it with a hair over 26k on the clock. I still get smiles :) from the ladies every now an' then when I take it out for a little cruise.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  30. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thats awesome, real sailors get a lot of respect from me. They, the Blue Water sailors were a means of ingress for us Army SF Patrol's. I really enjoyed (Provided I wasn't sea sick) our trips on Navy ships. This is HMAS Perth, sadly now an artificial reef. I got to be Helmsman for a good, lets see 2-3 minutes:rolleyes::p.
    [​IMG]

Man I have been lucky to 'Drive' some damn expensive vehicles, all courtesy of the ARMY. Man I love and miss the Army Sooooooooooo much.
    Doc.:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.