Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Morris Minor Gasser build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by southcross2631, Oct 22, 2016.

1. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I, too am a believer in the power of prayer. But, I think we tend to pray for the surgeon's work or medicine to cure us. Most of the time we never think that God may just intervene and take away the problem.

One of my favorite quotes is, "If you want to make God smile, just tell Him YOUR plan."

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

That's great news!!!!

loudbang likes this.
  3. Hang'emHigh

Hang'emHigh

There is no "Super-Like" button. So I'm posting it here.

Super-Like!

Doctorterry, enloe and loudbang like this.
  4. southcross2631

southcross2631
    from Florida

Thanks all for the prayers and kind words.. It was so nice to go out to my shop this morning and not worry about falling over dead .
    Started laying out the lines for the paint on the Morris Minor. Going to the machine shop to pick up my 289 block and crank this afternoon.
    Sent an order to Strange for some rear end parts.

5. Fiddle Picker

Fiddle Picker

Great news Mike, We keep you in our prayers !

loudbang likes this.
  6. southcross2631

southcross2631
    from Florida

Ordered my rear shocks and some more stuff today. Have to make up for lost time.

Fiddle Picker and 40grit like this.
  7. southcross2631

southcross2631
    from Florida

Really got to get it in gear now.
    Accepted an offer on my place here and have to be out by the end of Feb. I need the Morris Minor to be able to at least roll up on a trailer.
    Still haven't found a place in Tn. yet.

Fiddle Picker, Hang'emHigh and Chucky like this.
  8. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Fl

I like your build, these are slick little cars. I realize this may not have the same scope as your project, but it does have a bit of hot rod royalty tied to it. Oh yeah, there are some cool burnouts at the end.

Fiddle Picker and loudbang like this.
  9. southcross2631

southcross2631
    from Florida

My old Morris had a custom frame I built with Mustang 2 front end and ladder bar coil over rear suspension. I built it in the basement of my house when I lived in Tn.
    Like the truck, hate the wheels and the ugly LS motor. My old Morris build is my Morris Minor street rod. It shows step by step how to build one of these cars for a street car with a small block Ford.
    My shocks and coil brackets came in last night , so it is time to get to work and put some suspension on this thing. Hope to have it on springs and shocks by tonight .

bchctybob, AHotRod, enloe and 4 others like this.
  10. AHotRod

AHotRod

11. Doctorterry

Doctorterry

God is good. He's always got a plan!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

bchctybob, 40grit and Fiddle Picker like this.
  12. southcross2631

southcross2631
    from Florida

Got some done on Sunday. Got the rear shock mounts made and installed . Waiting on the coil springs and upper spring mounts. Axle bearings were shipped on Friday. 20180114_152508 (1).jpg

13. bchctybob

bchctybob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hadn't looked at this thread in quite a while and was shocked to hear of your health problems. I so glad all is well and progress has resumed. You have your work cut out for you what with a move, setting up your new shop and finishing the car. Praying for your continued good health and may all the hurdles be small ones.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the video when you do the first start up of the Morris!

Fiddle Picker and enloe like this.