Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects More then it's worth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joeycarpunk, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Hombre

Hombre

Metalman, Please don't take my words as criticism, they certainly are not intended that way. I am not in the car business, not any form of it, so I would never speak to someone that is making a living doing that type of work.

I also do not believe that those making a living in building cars were the prime objective of this thread. At least that is not the way I saw this. We all know guys who are so concerned with getting the very best deal they can, they brag about paying .12 less for any part that goes into there cars. The do not want anyone to "THINK" that they were such boobs that they actually sold something for a dime less than they paid for it, heaven forbid. I have a friend, no that's not correct he is really more of an acquaintance he stress's to the point of taking all of the fun out of his car by what he paid for any given part. It's not that he doesn't have the money either the guy is loaded. Maybe that is why he is so well off and I am so damn poor.

We all have different takes on these old cars. Different perspectives if you will. I have loved cars ever since I was a young boy growing up in Mt Pleasant, Texas. The old barber in town used to save all of the old car magazines for me ( we were to damn poor to actually buy one ) I would just wear out those old magazines looking and reading about Hot Rods. I remember very well as a Young Marine and after Boot Camp going to my first duty station and passing thru Oakland, Ca. Oakland used to be were the Oakland Roadster Show was held. I had read dozen of times and seen the pictures of those cars in that show. Riding on that Grey Hound bus driving thru Oakland I expected to see Hot Rods on every corner, and remember to this day how disappointed I was that there wasn't any. A kids preception I guess.

Today I am an old man, these old Hot Rods have been a big part of my life. So for me personally ( and I can only speak for myself ) I don't concern myself with the money part of the car thing. if I was to make a dollar that would be fine but if I don't that is also fine as well. Like I said I am just not into keeping score.

2. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

If I can get 2/3rds of the cash invested back Im a winner.The other 1/3rd is the cost of playing the game.It feels much better than it did when I was peeing it down the toilet.