Register now to get rid of these ads!

More rusty Volvo pics!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KoppaK, Apr 27, 2005.

1. KoppaK

KoppaK

This ia actually an old pic but gives some idea of the roof line
    [​IMG]
    Another older pic, chop ended up at 6" from the screen pillars and around 8" at the back, the back window and surround came from the Austin left over when I. made the new roof. I knew it would come in handy one day!
    [​IMG]
    Using this window arrangement wasn't without its problems. When viewed from the rear the gap between the top of the trunk apperture and base of rear window looked wrong, after mocking things up using masking tape I decided this was the only answer.
    [​IMG]

2. KoppaK

KoppaK

Close up
    [​IMG]
    Rear apron all tyogether the floor welded directly to it for a much more simple repair than stock with added bumper Frenching on end pieces.
    [​IMG]
    Rear view without lights I am thinking about what to use at the moment possible 59 Caddy or some kind of flush fit one offs.
    [​IMG]
    Last one for now this is where I am now, proposed new arch clamped in place (VW Bus 4" shortened)
    [​IMG]
    Rear garden...bomb site

3. Looking good. I always thought those, and a few Morris body would make good rods.

4. v8minor

v8minor

Hi koppa Looks like fun !! A lot of reshapeing going on there .I like the rear window . What about your front glass do you cut it ? or know someone who can. Are those vw van archs you are putting on?
    Just think how nice it would be to start with a rust free car .A few years ago I spotted a 121 in a scrap yard in clearwater it had no rust at all ,how many are like that here!

5. Meester P

Meester P

Hey John
    The back end is really takin shape now, just stop arsing around with the bloody camers and get back out there.
    :D
    john

6. LIMEY

LIMEY

Its no wonder Gasty was excited when he told me about it.....i can see what he meant now, that will be quite wild. What motor are going to run.....flatty would be good in that car!
    Kev.

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

wow looks great, 49/50 tail lights? with side spears

8. KoppaK

KoppaK

Yes a Flathead or especially a V8 60 would be real cool but this thing needs to be really reliable as my wife is going to use it a lot. Got a real nice 3litre Essex for it with overdrive, should be quite lively.

9. KoppaK

KoppaK

Yeah have given 49/50 lights a lot of thought but at the moment am heading towards some flush fit 49 Merc esque lenses but will have to make them myself, still open to suggestions.

10. james

james

Cool! I've always thought the bus wheel arches would look good, and you can get them new for like $40 each. Post some good shots when you get them on..

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

That's cool.

I bet your neighbors hate you.

12. slow64

slow64
    from MB, Canada

Wow. Lots of work. I've always liked the Volvos. Owned a couple over the years, my favourite was my '73 142. Dual side-draft webers and dual exhaust split to 4 out the back, dark green, tinted black and sitting on the ground. A rare car in these parts. "What the hell is that thing!?"

13. Thats going to look great. Keep at it

14. Janne

Janne

Nice!
    My brother did same treatment to his Amazon rear fenders, he used rear part of the Volvo 544 rear fenders. I'll try to take pic and post it.

15. Glad to see there are more of these out there.
    This should give Jonathan some inspiration.

16. daddylama

daddylama

looking good... man, do i dig Volvos...
    had a 444 and a 544... wish i kept one of 'em... now i'm trying to find one that as far as i know is a 455... big SUV lookin thing... but have only seen one in SoCal...
    -dan

17. Janne

Janne

Finally!!!!!

[​IMG]

-

18. Squablow

Squablow

I was looking through the pictures, thinking the rear quarters would look really nice without those rounded wheel openings, and then you show your plans to change them, just like I was thinking. Looks really good

19. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Split 59-Cad taillight and put the halfs onto the bumber guards... Thanks for pictures, keep them coming.

Mika

20. Ratty

Ratty

I know its been done before , particularly on Planet Voodoo , but flush fitting some tailights into the rear bumper is always cool in my book . Is it old enough to get away with red indicators only ?

Very nice work so far , keep it up !!!!

21. Janne

Janne

I think American models had red indicators.

22. Janne

Janne

These are orginal all red ones:

[​IMG]

-

23. Ratty

Ratty

Got a feeling that red indicators are only legal in the UK on pre '64 cars , have to check into it ...

24. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

OK, time for some heavier Volvo Kustom work:
    '53 Chevy hood, hardtopped, connie kit, spotlight, skirts...and lots more...
    How about that beautiful '49 Ford-styled taillight arrangement ?
    Look and learn, gentlemen... :D

[​IMG]

25. KoppaK

KoppaK

Thanks for the pic Janne that looks cool,

Base vehicle is registered as a 63 so I can run all red lenses will probably fab some up from scratch kind of Sam Barris Merc style. Not too bothered at the moment as I have some serious corrosion to deal with on the other side

J.B can I borrow the fat bloke for that taildragger look?

Will post some more pics, soon as I can get back on it.

26. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

the wonderfull custom that j.b. showed was for sale recently i think the price was like 2 plates of beer...

27. Looking good....!
    =]

Attached Files:

28. KoppaK

KoppaK

Heh how cool is that, thanks man.

29. Janne

Janne

Any progress KoppaK?:)

30. KoppaK

KoppaK

I'm afraid progress has slowed since I bought the Merc but I have done some stuff, will get some pics up soon.