Register now to get rid of these ads!

more poor quality parts , speedway again

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Jun 9, 2010.

1. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

jim jones had peope that loved him too, there will always be fans and supporters. I will stand by my word and never buy from them again.havent bought anything from them since the problem i had but worst was still the jerk on the other end of the phone. funny thing about some of the replys to my issue never bothered to read that speedway finally admitted to a manufactures defect in the bore size after jerking me around for months. i guess pang or wang or chang figured out how to bore the cylinders to the correct specs. sad thing is i cant find any made in the USA wheel cylinders any more from NAPA Macs ect.

i am getting cheap entertainment from this 3 year old post haha thanks world wide web/ happy motoring

and the bullshit of shipping parts in a big brown box that says "made in the USA" but everything or most of the stuff isnt made here is crap. thanks Comrade Bill

why not seek out more USA manufactures and provide jobs for the out of work local tallent ? opps dont want to turn this thread to a political issue then it will get closed

2. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

3. sdroadster

sdroadster

I bought a dropped front crossmember for my unmolested 48 Ford sedan from Speedway. Only 2 of the 16 bolt holes lined up, and the Posie spring I bought from them wouldn't fit in the crossmember. It is now in the junk pile..

4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

I was just thinking the same after reading both threads.

5. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

Funny. My problem was 3 years ago. Other people are having issues now

As for the other post, read all of the post its not just me . The other post was started last week when the old thread was brought back up.

Some people like to read 1 post and not the entire thread. Or look at the date of the original thread before offering their oppinion. I figured 3 years later the issues would have been worked out.

What I want is better parts and more jobs for americans in america. I want american made parts on my american made hotrod. Not junk. Part of what I can see is lack of quality control. Other problems are in issues we are not allowed to speak of here per the rules of the web site

For the people that are happy with what they have bought I hope your purchases continue to be positive ones . For others that have had issues they know were I'm coming from.

6. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Mr. Skidmarks is correct.

7. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

You get what you pay for! I ordered a drag link years ago there it was so thin I could bend it over my knee, junk!

8. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Your not going to find any cylinders made in the USA, Nor is anyone in the USA going to tool up and produce them, As if they did, Nobody could afford to buy them. I can not tell it like it really is, As your right this thread would be closed, But I will say It is A shame that Our great american hot rods, Are made up from a bunch of parts that China child slave labor produced. Something I can not stand, Is every year around the fourth of july, Everyone goes out to walmart and gets their american flags, (that were made in china)......and their mported fireworks, And they are so proud....

9. Mattilac

Mattilac

Just bought several parts from Speedway. Got a discount, shipped on time, and the parts were exactly what I wanted. I like em for certain parts.

10. bobscogin

bobscogin

It puzzles me that you would judge a drag link, which is intended to operate under tension and compression loads, as being defficient because it bent when subjected to a lateral bending load it was never intended to carry. :confused::rolleyes:

Bob

11. snopeks garage

snopeks garage
    from macomb MI

It was verry thin and cheep looking compared to stock. Ha better?

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

13. BobMcD

BobMcD

I have also found that Edelbrock carbs work well out of the box. Look under hoods at any car show and you will find more Edelbrocks than anything else.
    It's been awhile since I bought from Speedway. What I did buy was name brand and service was good. No complaints here.

14. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

15. Wow this is getting old...Guys if you are are swearing off all non American products you may be naked,hungry and homeless and lets not forget that jap car in your driveway you bought for your wife or kid..Speedway employees are living and working in NEBRASKA and the last time I looked it is in the USA..They work, play and live well because they have a job there..Speedway is the largest hot rod parts supplier in the USA.. if you ask Mr. Roadster dealers about problems you will find the amount of complaint's and returns are minimal.. If we had a problem with Speedway products or any of our other suppliers we would not sell their parts we would shop somewhere else...so why just keep bitchin!! PS never push the piston in on new wheel cylinders it can cause the cups to shift and the new cylinders will leak....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  16. I put an Edelbrock carb on my Model A about thirty years ago. I've rebuilt it once. It has done a fine job for me. I am generally very happy with Speedway products. I think their service is very good. I've only had one complaint with one product over all these years. Can't squawk too much about that.

17. Thank God you bought Edelbrock carbs instead of Demon...Barry Grant could not even make those run good on his race car

18. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

^^^What he said^^^

19. trvguy

trvguy

i bought alot of parts from speedway. never had any trouble with
    service or quality.

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I agree..........two companies that I get consistently good service and products from are Speedway and Summit. If a problem does come up, both jump right on it and resolve it to my satisfaction.......no questions asked. I feel very good about doing business with both of them.

Don

21. slammed

slammed

With the tremendous profit margin coming from these mainly off-shore sources, they damned well should (and do) have a good customer support system. Retailers know the real score. Shop wisely gentleman. The finical meltdown of Europe (Cypress) is a sign of the things to come.

22. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Remember, sometimes "Free" is too much.

23. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I checked my account with Speedway and I couldn't believe how much I had spent with them. And in all the 8 years I've been dealing with them, I've only had one problem. A signal light came with a burnt out bulb. I called them and TWO new ones showed up NEXT DAY AIR at no cost.

As for made in China, I buy USA when I and my wallet can. As of 2013, bitching about stuff made in China is just that.... wasted bitchin'. The time to bitch was 20 years ago. If you're doing it now, it's a little late. Suck it up and pay more for USA stamped on your stuff or suck it up, save a little and buy the same part next year. Either way, it sucks.

24. COOP

COOP

I buy quite a lot of stuff from Speedway, so when I saw this post I hadda check it out. Didn't read near any of 'em. Just noticed that the first couple of pages was very negative, so I jumped to the last pages to see a more positive outpour. I've been with them for many years...... nothing bad on my end....... just my $.02 worth. Norm

25. plymouthgoat

plymouthgoat
    from Wisconsin

I too jumped to the last page to read some positive comments! That's how I got here. I typed in "made in mexico" because I'm looking at buying headers and I'm only interested in Hooker, Doug's, or Sanderson and I wanted to see where all these headers are made. BECAUSE, I AM one who WILL, and does, pay more for quality made in the USA parts. I look at the "where it's made" portion on the box of any tool I buy as well. It sucks that I can't even buy a chop saw that's made in America. After reading the posts on Doug's headers here on the HAMB it was pleasing to read that the opinion that Mexican made parts are of high quality or at the least, a thousand times better than the Chinese crap that keeps coming here in the form of auto parts and tools.