Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage MORE PICTURES-Millers at Milwaukee

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Curt R, Jul 10, 2010.

1. some more, that's all.

Attached Files:

2. speedtool

speedtool
    BANNED

Thanks so much~

3. besides the Miller race cars, there were a few old rear engine Indy cars. Some front engine Indy roadsters and a lot of Halibrand wheels going around the track. Some old midget cars were there and the sound of a bunch of Offy's at speed is unforgettable.

4. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Hey Curt, I was there and drove the Bowes Seal Fast Special #33 (Epperly built - won 6th 1959) about 15 laps...What a deal!! The car is owned by my good friend Bill Akin of Nashville (one of three!!) and he does all the restoration in his basement at home!! Thanks for the pics......

5. jockoc

jockoc
    from Fresno

Would 32STUPRES know where the Bowes '33 laydown is today? The reason I ask is my uncle drove that car in '59 Indy 500 and Milwaukee twice

6. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

The Bowes #33 is in Nashville, TN and has been completely restored by my good friend Bill Akin..We ran it at IMS in 08,09,and 10..and he and I drove it at the Milwaukee event in July of this year..the car won 2nd in class at the 2008 Pebble Beach Concours delegance after scoring a perfect 100 points! Was your uncle Johnny Boyd? The car placed 6th in 1959..Bill also owns the #15 Kurtis Bardahl Special which won 1st in class and the Tony Hulman trophy at the 2010 Pebble Beach event held in August...hope this helps...

7. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

I failed to mention that Bill Akin also owns the Epperly #5 Autolite Special that he completed restoration on in 1995..