Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical More info needed on insurance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hudson48, Jun 6, 2016.

1. hudson48

hudson48

I am still trying to find out more on personal liability insurance on a vehicle. Short story is I want to bring the Hudson over next year but won't until I can secure at least personal liability insurance and preferably collision damage also.
    In USA does the individual take out the PL insurance or is it required on each car? Over here we have it included in our registration fees for each vehicle. I have been communicating with a guy in NZ who took a radical truck over(not HAMB friendly really but did win Goodguys Gazette Pick recently).
    Won't put a picture up but here is the website. The truck should come up at the top of the page.
    http://www.bigshedcustoms.co.nz/
    He was driving it around USA. He had insurance with State Farm and then they advised him that they would not reinsure. His brother lives in Dallas and somehow he has taken out new cover and he is nominated as a driver. Am waiting for more info on this.
    I am looking at getting a USA licence which may make it easier also. Have plenty of friends who have addresses in CA,GA and TX.

2. FrankenRodz

FrankenRodz

Check with Hagerty or Grundy. Each individual vehicle carries it's own insurance, and depending upon which US State it is insured through, your required coverage will vary.