Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Gasser look

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Shocker, Apr 27, 2008.

1. abone1930

abone1930

70,s style?:D

Attached Files:

2. That's exactly what I was talking about. That's 70's right there.

3. While we are talking Gasser Falcons I am looking for pics of a C/Gas Falcon that went by the name of "Buccaneer". I ran in NE Ohio (Thompson, "42", etc Late 60's early 70's. Owner was Bill Vitez. They have no pics and would really like to find some if there are any out there.

4. King Richard

King Richard
    from Dover, PA

I am no Ford guy by any stretch, but your Falcon DOES look good as do the rest of these. I believe, whether you keep it as is or go all out, it will continue to look good. I for one want to see more pics. :D

5. Judd

Judd

What? You don't want to follow my expert opinion!? LOL!

Rule one, it's my car

Rule two,while discusion of what should be or have been done is incouraged if there is any disagreement refer to rule one.

I was caught by rain with the slicks on once (locker,457 gear) scarry to say the least and I hope it never happens again.
    Not a gasser but Hayden Proffett in 1965.

Attached Files:

6. Al Napier

Al Napier
    from Central CT

Fenderwell headers, stack injectors or a tunnel ram sticking through the hood, raise the rear end a little and paint it without the flames - JMHO.

Cool car though, loads of gasser potential there :)

Al in CT

7. The Shocker

The Shocker

Lots of good helpfull critizim here ,thanks guys.I think for now the plan is to get some bigger meats on the back (atleast 3 inches taller ) that should help with the stance as well, plus i am gunna do the lettering on the doors and qaurters ,and im also gunna build some spaggetti headers for it and build some or buy some ladder bars.The more i looked at the pics i took of it the more i answered my own questions about what it needed .As far as the flames go ,they will remain until i get tired of them .Thanks again for the help ...

8. The Shocker

The Shocker

None of us are experts ,even though some people think they are .I value your opinion more than i do alot of people on here Judd ,especially when it comes to mid 60's Fords .Its hard trying to use my Falcon for a daily ,a worktruck ,a dragcar ,and a cruiser all at the same time and trying to get the best gas mileage i can out of it .If it were just a race car or a show car like 99% of the Gasser style cars are ,i would make it a bit different.My late father used to tell me "If you make a race car and a street car out of the same car ,you will end up with a car that aint worth a shit at either one" ...

9. AstroMonkey

AstroMonkey

Seeing all these awesome gassers gets me thinking. I have the leafs and axle from an early 60's ford truck and a 61 Comet with a V8 just collecting dust at my shop. No time now, but maybe next summer the two will have to meet.

10. Judd

Judd

I know where you're coming from right now I told my boss to take his job and stick it Wednesday and just have the Comet to drive right now $30 bucks to meet a guy about a new job this morning! I think I need to swap the 457 gears out and the 411's back in and take the 750cfm off for the 465cfm! LOL

Attached Files:

11. Gasser57

Gasser57

If you REALLY want the look, but use it daily, here's a couple suggestions since you're asking: the scoop, whether you keep yours or switch to a teardrop, try and use a setup that doesn't soak your engine when it rains. I got one of those vintage styled scoops from the guy that sells them here on the HAMB. If I get caught in the rain, I reverse it with a few wingnuts. White headers look great, but are a bitch to keep white. Window tint, I run red windows, they are almost impossible to see out of, especially at night. Slicks, I use the 15x10" Radirs and love 'em, but if you have a long drive and rain is a possibility, buy some tall and wide tires for the rears and put them on a second pair of rims. The "look" is a tough one here because wide bias ply tires aren't much better than slicks in the rain. I've been driving mine regularly, sometimes year round, for 12+ years. Your father was right, street duty will add time to your e.t.'s, but, we must agree, gassers are just too much fun to only drive 1/4 mile at a time! You're car already looks great by doing things your way, keep it up!