Register now to get rid of these ads!

More finds at local U Pull It! Galaxy week?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950-mercury, Apr 7, 2013.

1. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I seen these Galaxy's in my local U Pull It. It must be Galaxy week. I can't believe people keep bringing in old cars! It seems every few weeks I go in, there are more old cars!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. NMCarNut

NMCarNut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey I like it how someone snagged the rear trim off the 64 before you could get from the right side to the left! Hopefully the Galaxie pickers are out there in force.

3. JEM

JEM

If I were anywhere close I'd be out there, at the very least the front bumper off that 64 and the rear off the 63 look like good cores, the 64 grill looks surprisingly good too.

4. boltupal

boltupal
    from western ny

Do cars pop up in the spring like flowers?

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I hate you guys who live in the mid west. :mad: All we have in the few junkyards we have here are things like Hondas and Toyotas. :( I miss REAL junkyards.

Don

6. Boltupal...old vw vans did.

7. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Ya, I don't know what happened! I snapped a picture of the right side, then went to snap a picture of the left side, and the next thing I know, the trim is gone!!! People pick parts faster then a fella can blink! Lol!

8. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

Don, you wanna see some real salvage yards? Check out some local ones in my photo galleries!!!

9. 62rebel

62rebel

two two door hardtops. what a fucking waste. i saved a worse '63 1/2 than THAT one from a salvage yard twenty years ago.

10. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I hear you! I wish they'd sell a whole car, but they won't.

11. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I've yet to see a 63-64 Galaxie in the pullapart yards in Indy but I just can't get down there frequently enough even if they did to get anything in time.
    I did see a 61 2 door hardtop last year and got some nice trim but somebody got most of the good quarter panel and rear pieces first. The back half of the car was ground down to bare metal and hadn't even rusted yet so it couldn't have been there for more than a few days!
    My buddy always tells me about the 64 Marauder that looked like somebody just drove in. They tried and tried to buy it but they wouldn't sell them the whole car!!

12. Movinman

Movinman

You have to come southeast, Don. We found and removed this from a local U-Pull in South Florida last weekend.

[​IMG]

13. 62rebel

62rebel

good save, even if it was past rebuilding.

14. I could use the dash trim from that 63.did you get interior pics from the 64?

15. JEM

JEM

Since Pick-n-Pull and Pick-your-Part decided to cartelize California (PyP got SoCal, PnP took NorCal) the local PnPs get the occasional piece of old iron - not common, but it happens - but most anything really interesting goes to one of their 'premium' yards which are too far from me for casual snooping.

16. 1950-mercury

1950-mercury

I guess I didn't get pictures of that interior. I will try when I go back.

17. Green Rodz

Green Rodz

If you find a good rear bumper off of a 64, GRAB IT.
    They aren't easy to come by (around here anyway)

18. JEM

JEM

The dash pics you posted are the '63.

19. crazy_tonguezz

crazy_tonguezz
    from glendale

did the 63 have power widows ???????????

20. Must be "dump old Fords" month. Closest yard to me has: a '56 Lincoln 4-door, a '68 Mustang 6-cyl that was very solid expecially for this area, a '71-'73 Mustang also solid and one quarter is bare metal like someone was working on it, and a real decent '67-'70 or so Ford pickup too. Nothing really special, but at the same time most of them were cars that should have been sellable locally just based on how relatively rust-free they were. The pickup particularly, most of those rotted to junk 25 years ago.

I am tempted to grab the '68 Mustang gas tank, it looks like it was relatively new and it's already out loose. Most of the rest of the best stuff from that and the Lincoln are long gone.

Meanwhile, I was picking a couple of GM goodies instead, the Corvair I posted about previously, and an O/T Camaro.