Have made a little more progress.. It's all pretty mundane stuff, though, nothing ground breaking or very interesting. previous posts: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258986 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286520 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289424 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=286040 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295180 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293650 I modified the ends on the 32 radius rods to bolt up to my rear spring brackets. Not over pleased with the result, but they are functional so will stay unless I decide to rework them. The ends need radiusing. (Axle is upside down in 1st pic) I then laid out all the shocks I could muster and decided which ones to use where. Out of 7 original shox, (well, model A, I believe) I did have 2 that appear to be in good working order. They both need new o rings and shaft seals, but they will do for the front. Luckily the 2 good ones were a right and a left to make a pair. (pic to follow) I had a pair of 37 or 38 (I think) front shox in good condition and decided to use them on the back. I juggled around with various mounting schemes and settled on a simple setup using one of the original bolt holes, redrilling the front hole. Links were made up from two sets of links, to get the ends the right type and orientation. They attach to the axle via a threaded extension to an existing bolt. (7/16" wheelnut if anyone wants to know..). The radius rods were made a month or so ago, and the shox fitted a couple of weeks ago. The following bits were done yesterday and today (got a couple of days off). I removed the master cylinder mount and slotted the holes to allow it to be rotated to a vertical position (it was a bit out). I used a round nose milling cutter in the old fobco drilling machine. Came out well and was easier than filing. Holes were drilled to take the dual cylinder and the bracket and cylinder were remounted to the k-member. I was looking for simplicity and spent ages trying to work out how to come out of the master cylinder straight onto the axle with a flexy. I suddenly hit on the solution and had the hose connected to the rearmost outlet. (details to follow) With the master cyl in place and the hose attached I made up a little bracket to hold the hose to the torque tube. Held temporarily by cable ties, it will be welded later. The T-Piece was attached to a similar bracket at the rear of the torque tube. A brake pipe was made up from Kunifer and run along the torque tube following the factory weld. The pipe to the right hand backing plate was then ran along the axle. Pipes will be held with clips at appropriate intervals. Had to draw a halt there as that was all the brake pipe I had on hand. Have ordered some more so the rest of the pipes should get laid in place when it arrives. One other side-job that was tackled was removing the plugs from one of the 4" French cranks. (didn't take any snaps) the sludge traps were cleared out and the drillings rodded through. the existing plugs were rerworked and refitted. so now I have a crank ready to go, so if and when I get back to putting the motor together at least that little stumbling block is out of the way. I have another crank that wants the same job doing, I will take pics and write it up then. I tend to take a lot of time thinking and considering the best way to do a job, taking into consideration my equipment and abilities. Once I decide how to do something the actual doing doesn't take too long. The biggest holdup at the moment is deciding on paint, ie whether to paint or not, if so what to use etc. etc. I'm not great at such decisions, (hence my coupe still wearing it's 80's blue) but at least, as they say, indecision is the key to flexibility. Mart.