Register now to get rid of these ads!

More Banger Articles.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Outback, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

This is a list of what I've got, I realise that some is easily available,
    And mentioned in other threads,
    I'll have to scan anything that interestes anyone,

RedNeckBandit let me know if you want anything for your site, might be the best way to go??

Building the 100mph Model "A" Ford,
    California Bills Four Barrel Manual
    Hot Model A's (and B's) (Copy) Thanx AV8-Rider
    Muldoon Supports the Four-Barrel Movement (Hot Rod Aug 1974) (Copy)
    George Riley & Company - General Instuctions for 4 cyl Riley Raceing Engines Using B Ford Cyl Blocks (Typed Copy)
    Getting More From Your 4 (Rod & Custom May 1970)
    Put Your A Under Pressure (Hot Rod Mechanics '91) (Average quality pics)(Copy)
    Dyno Part 1 Ron Kelly Test's the Model "A" Engine (July '95 The New Secrets Magazine) Various Tests.

Feature - Road Test Cragar Headed 'B' 31 Sport Coupe (Rod & Custom May 1970)
    Feature - 1929 Ford Rdsta, Cragar Headed 'B' (American Rodder) (Copy)
    Speed Seekers (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (HRM 50th Anniversary) (Copy)
    Four Cylinder Feast (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (American Rodder) (Copy)
    The Dovan Model D (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Aug '92 American Rodder) (Copy)
    High Tech Flathead (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Classic Auto Restorer) (Copy)
    Resurrecting the Ford Four-Banger (Story and pics about Bangers no real Tech) (Feb '95 American Rodder) (Copy)
    A Higher Comp Head for the Model "A" Engine (Jan/Feb '94 Model A Trader) (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Copy)
    Sleeper The Brumfield High Comp Head (The New Secrets Magazine V5.4) (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Copy)
    Model A Engine Parts (Aug '77 Custom & Rod Ideas) (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Copy)
    Winfield Weekend (Oct '77 Custom & Rod Ideas) (Story and pics about Bangers no Tech) (Copy)

There's a fair bit of stuff there, allot of fluff, but might be of some interest.
    Will take a while to scan.

Cheers fellow Banger lovers!:D

Outback

2. 5window

5window

Why not put it all on a CD and send it to those who want it in exchange for a
    donation to Ryan and the HAMB? I expect you don't want to charge for it directly since there are copyrights involved.

3. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I don't want any cash, just want to contribute to the banger guys, if it's any use....

Being in Australia, makes it a little harder to just slip somthing in the mail....

Outback

carothersbs likes this.
  4. Halfdone

Halfdone

That's OK, I'm in Australia too :D

Send it on down, might convince me to go back too plan A on the 27 Roadster......apart from the fact I have no banger, but do have a couple of bent 8 flatheads.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Fancy seein you here ;)
    I'll do that, once it's scanned.

Outback

6. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

I'd love a scan of the 100MPH book, if possible. Thanks.

carothersbs likes this.
  7. Mr 42

Mr 42
    from Sweden

Yes One copy of Building the 100mph Model "A" Ford, if its possible

carothersbs likes this.
  8. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I know it's alot of trouble for you, but if you feel up to it, send it all my way. I'll sort it out and such. I'm away from my good comp now in Atlanta, so it can wait till you have time whenever. Thanks for making this available to us guys. :D

You still have my email addy, right?
    tscott_miller@yahoo.com or rarespeed.topend@yahoo.com.

9. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

BTW: I sheared my first axle key today!!! :p :eek: :D :cool:

10. Is anyone interested in parts 3 & 4 of 'Four Barrel Speed Secrets'?
    These articles appeared in December 1950 and January 1951 Hot Rod, I don't have October or November 1950 which had parts 1 & 2. :(

11. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Hey Jimmy, send em to RedNeck! that sounds grouse!

I've got em, cheers, will copy them and send em your way, you'll put em on your site right? prolly easier for all, (me esp ;))

Common spill the beans! :D

Outback

12. Part 3 from Dec '50 Hot Rod
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I will post part 4 tomorrow.

13. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

LOL...it's like your first kiss, you never forget it.

14. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

I will post anything that gets posted here or sent to my mail. Thanks guys.

Jimmy that article is killer. Gotta love the Miller head, too. Be sure to get the other part out to us, and I will try to dig up the rest.

My stock '31 coupe. Original Winfield 7:1 head (#81 from the foundary) one Tillotson Model X carb. Long, flat road...

Santa brought me a first edition copy of the rare book George Riley Racing Scrapbook so if anyone wants, I can get you more info than you ever wanted to know about Riley equipment for T,A, and V8.

15. Jan 1951, part 4
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Sorry I haven't posted these scans sooner. :eek:

16. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Thanks Jimmy B. That is the shit :D !! Whenever I get the first 2 parts, I'll post 'em in this thread. Anyone who beats me to it is more than welcome.

17. Chuck R

Chuck R

18. Jimmy B can you email the fullsize versions of the whole series?

Have you not got part two or have I missed it?

19. Yes I can.

I am missing Oct, Nov 1950 so when I get these copies I will scan Pt.2.
    Cheers
    Jimmy

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a feature in Ray Kuns third edition of Automobile Racing titled Building 120-Mile an hour ford Four cylinder road and Track Car. This is based on the George Riley papers.

21. Does anybody have information on the 5-main bearing conversions for the Model A/B?

Thanks.

JG

22. 5 main conversions used a crank out of small industrial engines such as Budda. I have seen both welded and bolt in webs for the other 2 mains, I believe the Donovan uses 5 mains, REM made some conversions and made some girdles for same. I suppose Scat and others would make a crank for a price. I have seen some neat welding done in these blocks so I don't believe it would be too hard especially with all of the inserts availible today.

23. lordbongo

lordbongo

hi
    know it is a bit late but is it still posible to get a copy of this?

jon