Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar website

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChrisRice, Aug 29, 2014.

1. ChrisRice

ChrisRice

Here's a new Mopar website for y'all. I know there are tons already, but this one will hopefully one day encompass all of the information contained on other ones. Please give me some feedback on it if you check it out so I can improve it. Thank you.
    http://ricebrosplymouth.com

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

stillrunners likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

Not a fan of the font used on the list on the left side. Very hard to read with old eyes even with my cheaters on. Maybe change the font or at least use a darker color so they stand out more.

3. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Agree with loudbang. Work on the appearance to make it easier to read, especially from a tablet. Good luck!

4. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

It looks like a great project car. 1950's mopar wagons are hard to find. Web sites and old cars take time for all the bugs to get worked out!!!

5. vtmopar

vtmopar
    from Vermont

A lot of good stuff there, looks good.
    It's in my favorites now.

6. 73RR

73RR

As noted, that script is too faint and too stylized for old eyes. Plain block lettering, of which there are many, is always a good choice.
    Be very cautious about 'borrowing' information from other sites. I have heard that some folks purposely include bogus info in their sites so they can track where it goes. Additionally, not everything you find will be 100% accurate since a lot of it has also been 'borrowed'...trust but verify.
    Good luck.

7. ChrisRice

ChrisRice

I try not to 'borrow' any original information, especially that which can not be verified.

I am adding a lot more manuals and other information in the days to come.

I will also increase the font sizes to make it more readable. I guess my eyes are better then some others. I do appreciate the comments and suggestions, keep them coming. Anything you think I should (or shouldn't) add?

8. I agree about the left side lettering being hard to read. Just signed up.

ChrisRice likes this.
  9. ChrisRice

ChrisRice

Just for clarification is it just the font type/size for the links on the left that make it hard to read or all text on all pages? The normal text is the same size on my computers, phone, and iPad as others websites so I'm hoping one of y'all can clarify for me. Thanks again to you all.

10. 270dodge

270dodge
    from Ohio

List on the left. Plain block letters are better. Yer on my favorites list.

11. ChrisRice

ChrisRice

Thank you 270dodge

12. 73RR

73RR

For me, the font issue is the scripty stuff on the left. Yeah, 'scripty' is a new word...:D
    Other pages have nice bold block style fonts and are easy to read.

For content, you might add a rpm/gear calculator to your 'online tools' tab. I reference this one a lot:
    http://ctny.audiworld.com/mark/s4/gears/gear_calc.html

I tried a couple of pn in your search function but no-worky. Might just be me.

You're on the right track.

13. ChrisRice

ChrisRice

Ive been doing alot of work on it, and hopefully it will appeal to more people now. The navigation font has been changed to a normal font color to make for easier readability. More tools have been added, a non-ethanol gas map has been added (to find non-ethanol fuel around the USA) as well as several other features we are proud of. Also, for anyone interested, we just stared our first ever 'MoPar of the Week' contest, http://ricebrosplymouth.com/ride_of_the_week/ I hope this appeals to more people now.