Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mopar, noise after adding trans fluid.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rocknrolldaddy, Sep 2, 2017.

1. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

So, I changed the ring gear on the torque converter. Obviously there was trans fluid loss during the task. After reassembling it all, it started right up. But as soon as it started, it was making this noise that lasted about 30 seconds, then went away all of a sudden. After replacing the trans fluid. The noise came back. I was going through the gears as I added fluid about a quart at a time.

The car runs, all gears go in, but I'm a little nervous about driving it on the road. The noise is still there. I know it's not the fan belt. And no power steering.

Sent from my LG-H631 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. mopar bump up.........

3. swifty

swifty

Are you running the tin cover on the trans bellhousing? On my Mopar the flexplate setscrews hit on the cover. I beat the cover out a bit but it was still hitting so the cover went on the shelf and I don't run one.

4. k9racer

k9racer

This is a dry knock noise. The simple way is place the trans in low then go to reverse. do this about 6 to 10 times and the TC will load proper. A while back I told a friend to do this and he said it did no good. I went to his house to check and did the task . He then said you did not tell me to have the engine running.. I hope this helps Bobby

loudbang likes this.

5. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

I drove around the block. Nothing changed. I'll try that, k9racer. Thanks.

Sent from my LG-H631 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app