Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar knowledge needed...64 Plymouth Fury.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratmotor, May 23, 2011.

1. Hey Mopar experts! My buddy has a 64 Plymouth Fury that has just had the torsion bar rip out of the cross member. I have a low mileage 65 Plymouth Savoy. Would the cross member fit the older car? If he can't get a desert cross member shipped to him I told him he could cut mine out and try it. Would be nice to know if the cross member section is the same or damn close. Thanks for any info! P.S. Yes we know it is part of the floor/frame unibody.....

2. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. trashn'l

trashn'l

Yes, the '65 Savoy uses the same floor pan and torsion crossmember as the '64 Fury.

4. didnt think they made a savoy in 65 thought the last year was 64 oh well i guess you learn something new everday but yeah as long as its from a b-body it'll work personnelly id use the repair pieces that are availible like ebbspeed posted

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Do what you want, but there's no way would I use one of those rust repair parts on a car I thought I might have to sell some day. It's a sure way to turn off a certain percentage of buyers.

6. 35desoto

35desoto

The bottom line is yes the 65 one will fit the 64. B Bodies initial series ran from 63 through to 65 and the mechanicals and floor pan area are all the same.

7. Thanks for the info! The 65 Savoy is a Canadian built car....