Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mopar In a Mopar, please think about it

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moparron426, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moparron426

moparron426

There have been a few threads about non mopar motors in mopars and I would like to say a few things.
    I am not sure if mopar people are more proud or passionate of their brand than say ford or chevy guys are of theirs.
    but it sure seams that way.
    I am a mopar guy and always will be, I respect chevy and ford guys for their loyalty as long as they don't disrespect what I like.
    the problem with putting a chevy in a mopar is it's like saying mopar never made any good engines so I will use a chevy just because I have one.
    thats like a slap in the face to the die hard mopar guy.
    it's very disapointing to walk up to a nice mopar and find a chevy in it,
    yeah I know
    "well I had it" or "I know nothing about a mopars" or "chevys are cheaper" we have heard them all.
    I built a 34 chevy and I knew nothing about chevys and I had a garage full of mopars
    but I built that car with a chevy just because I felt that was the right thing to do with it.
    mopar guys love their mopars and if we can talk someone in to putting a mopar in a mopar we will.
    some can suggest tactfully and some may insult in the way that say something. nice usually works better.
    Now I know its their car and they can build it any way they want with what ever parts they want,
    but remember the mopar guys are the ones that should like the car the most and by using a non mopar in it
    just turns then off to it.
    maybe "its mine and I dont care if you like it" is their attitude... well then so be it...
    well for you guys that find a mopar body , please at least concider using a mopar in your next mopar
    us mopar guy really think that is cool....... Ron....:cool::D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  2. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't we all just get along ????? :rolleyes:

3. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Well it could be worse ,look at the early ford guys with chevy engines .or worse a chevy in a chevy . you must have noticed this site is old school thats short for dead end thought ,or repeaters . try an amc engine that would give these guys the craps . all kidding aside my race car has a chevy ,but my mopars have mopars . try this all top alkie and tf cars are mopar dont forget the top ss/aa cars . john force dont race fords but hemis and carbon fiber.my point is dont feel bad mopars rule and are many .go to the vintage drags and be overwhelmed fords and chevys galore with hemis .c

4. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

I am ALWAYS excepting donations lol

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

I am offending myself by putting a hemi in my Studebaker. But, hey, sometimes you just got to pull the trigger and roll with it.

6. i have a 392 hemi in my 29 chrysler 2 door sedan.

7. Mopar= Joe Dirt

8. So.........., I guess you wouldn't like my Ford engine, with a Chevy distributor and alternator, and a Plymouth radiator, sitting in a Lincoln chassis under a Desoto(mopar) body???:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. .....and Mopar wheels. Very good. Get ready, these Mopar dudes are crazy.

10. amen

11. Where's the grille?, I'll give you a Ford alternator and distributor for it, so you don't end up broke down somewhere.

12. teddyp

teddyp

if someone likes a mopar body and gm drive train or ford or a ford or chevy body with a mopar drive train go for it nothing is more boreing then people crying keep a ford in a ford or gm or mopar it,s a HOT rod not a muscle car or something being restore let people build cars with what they want or have but most of all have fun and enjoy it just my 2 cents ps i think no one more proud then the guy or gal that build it what every drive train the run!!!!!

13. This may or may not be a good thread for this but....I really want to put a Mopar in my Mopar and I have a 318 + 727 waiting but where o' where can I find some nice Valve covers and an air cleaner for the thing?

14. Donzie

Donzie

I get your point but I have to defend Chevies in Fords...at least early ones, that's pretty traditional. But I do agree that a Mopar in a Mopar makes sense. There's a lot of great Mopar engines, 318s for example, and it's most likely what I would put in my '52 Dodge if I was doing an engine swap.
    The cool thing about hot rodding.....there are no rules. To each his own.

15. dodgord

dodgord

i hear ya dee! not alot of nice dress up gear for them

16. moparron426

moparron426

I'm not saying its set in stone that you "HAVE" to put a mopar in a mopar
    I am just asking to keep an open mind and at least look at the advantages of keeping it mopar powered.
    but I believe that a mopar in a mopar is a cool way to go:cool::D

just like a chevy in a chevy
    I like ford in a ford too.

Dee_Soto check on Ebay there are 10 adds for sb mopar valve covers
    or try moparts.com and look in the sb parts for sale section
    or put a wanted add there :cool: Ron...

17. JOHNNYSCAT

JOHNNYSCAT
    from Kansas

so i F??k up. Chevy motor and chevy dash.

[​IMG]

18. brado

brado
    from Ohio

:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

19. 38plymouth

38plymouth

Like most everyone else I've owned and worked on most makes of cars. When you skin your knuckles it still feels the same. I put a mopar driveline in the 38 because a friend said I had to keep it Mopar. He lined me up with the parts after I told him I was going for small block Ford stuff. Come to think of it a person could use that to his advantage. Mopar freaks beware. I now know how to get your parts from you cheaply.

While we are thinking about all this, did ya ever get freaked when ya ordered a hamburger, They're made of beef not ham. Not sure about Mopar burgers though!

20. ramzoom

ramzoom
    from California

DANG!!!!!! That hurts man:eek:

Ok sure Mopars can tend to have a redneck following..I agree with that..and yes maybe girls would rather ride in a 62 Impala than a 62 Dart...ok got us there....but come on "Joe Dirt" that just aint right..:(
    Yes..I agree a Chevy motor in a mopar dissapoints....on the other hand a 426 Max Wedge in a Chevy..now your talkin....:D

Hey anyone seen my Auto Trader?????

Remember....Lifes a garden...DIG IT!

21. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Does this mean that if you saw my Desoto hemi in my Model A coupe you wouldn't like it?

Keeping something all one manufacturer just for the sake of keeping it all from one manufacturer is as stupid as saying keeping it all one manufacturer 3 times in one sentence.

22. moparron426

moparron426

WOW a bunch of touchy people :rolleyes:

23. i have the 440 that came out of hemi29's chrysler in my 33 plymouth coupe thank you hemi29

24. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I have a Chevy engine/trans and a Ford 9" rear and front suspension, wheels and bucket seats in my MOPAR, and I like it that way. I say build what you want.

[​IMG]

25. The Shocker

The Shocker

I like them all Buick ,Olds, Pontiac ,Caddy ,Chevy ,Ford, Mopar,L6 ,V/8 ,etc and have owned most and worked on all more or less.I think any overhead valve motor can be built to make someone happy but people tend to stick to what they started with or what they were raised on .I like every engine except _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and thats because i think they are outdated and cant be made to flow as well as others.Nothing to due with the brand though.Chevy people laugh at my Windsor all the time ,but who cares what others think ? I say use whatever suites you in whatever car you have .I actually had a Chevy guy tell me once that he wouldnt use a Toploader 4spd (even though he knew it was stronger than a muncie) ,because it was made by Ford .Now hows that for open minded smarts ?

26. Orange54

Orange54
    from Missouri

And make sure it's a big block cause we all know small blocks stink.

27. classicfins

classicfins

What about my 69 Chevy truck I had with a 440 Dodge in it? is that wrong? Or was it just fun as hell? uh, yeah... it was fun as hell.. LOL

28. Bottom line is to build what you like. I've got a 31 Pontiac with a Chrysler hemi and I'm working on a 59 Plymouth Suburban with a 318 Poly. You might like that but guess what, I'm not building them for you. I see a lot of things on others cars that make me want to shake my head. I would have done it differently but it is theirs and they like it. Simple enough.

FWIW, I finished doing the brakes on the Plymouth and pulled studs to replace the stupid lug bolts. I put torque thrusts on and guess what? A buddy told me I was making a mistake not running steelies and the stock hubcaps. I've got a torque thrust addiction though. To each their own.

29. I try to keep cars brand for brand. The original thread I thought was right on and well stated.

Don

30. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

I always keep an open mind. I own Crosleys, 1961 Morris Minor, 1959 Triumph, 1948 Simca, 1962 Falcon with 200cid 6 ...

My 1961 Dodge Lancer has a chevy power train , Ford suspension front and back.

Most folks wonder why I would mess with this old 4 door turd. I had the Lancer with a near dead slant 6 ... the 350 chev motor had sit under the bench for 4-5 years. Maverick 8 inch sat in the corner... So put the parts together.

I had to squirt tranny oil into the spark plug holes.... soaked for a day to loosen the rings up ( no compression). Man did that muther smoke for 15 minutes after I fired it up... :eek:

build what you want , how you want..... if they laugh , you still win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.